- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Happy Mother's Day
A Song For Mama - Boyz II Men
Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
Mother's Day is coming soon and this has really gotten me thinking a lot about the role of a mother. Being a mother myself I can actually reflect on my mother’s and grandmothers’ roles in my life. They were and are all very strong women who broke many molds. They are truly amazing and made me the strong woman that I am today. I only wish I could be half the woman that they are/were, maybe someday.
So what is a mother? The role is so hard to define because mothers really do play so many different roles; caregiver, maid, cook, chauffeur and many many more. Mothers are there for you through thick and thin. So be sure to take the time this Mother’s Day and everyday for that matter to thank and acknowledge your mom, grandmother, a mom you know, a mom to be or any caregiver for the job she does every day with many rewards (kisses, hugs) but without pay. There are so many different ways to thank you mother.
- SEND HER TO THE SPA – Mom’s need to be pampered each and everyday so take this special day to either take her to the spa or give her a certificate to her favorite spa. Let your mom choose her poison; manicure, pedicure, massage, facial the list goes on and on and they are all great ways to show her you care.
- CLEAN FOR HER – Give your mom that time to rest, clean up for her. You can clean one particular area or the whole house. If you are so inclined or have several siblings pitch in and hire a cleaning service. What a special treat that will be for her to have her whole house clean.
- COOK FOR HER – Cook your mom a nice meal something special to show her that you care. Or if you are not a good cook take her out to eat at her favorite restaurant show her a good time. Spoil your mother she is well worth it and you love her.
- MAKE SOMETHING FOR HER – Just like when you were a little kid you could create something special for your mother just to show her how much you love her. Something that is made by your hands especially for her. What could be better? That would definitely show her how much you love her.
- BUY HER SOMETHING SPECIAL – Buy your mom something special; flowers, candy or something to with a hobby she has. Showing her that you remembered her on her special day is enough to warm any mother’s heart. Find something special for your mom to let her know that she is special to you.
These are of course things that you should do for your mother all the time and everyday but to make her feel extra special go the distance and go all out for your mom. There are so many other things that you can do for your mother to show her just how much you care. Your mother does for you everyday of your life giving back to her for one day is nothing in comparison she is worth every penny and more.