- Holidays and Celebrations»
Have a Safe Happy Halloween
Trick or treat time is here once again. To be sure your kids will be safe and make this a fun time for all, here is a few great and helpful tips for you and your youngsters.
- Stay with your kids and be sure to discuss the route you will going in advance
- Let them know how important safety is, and that you will all be looking out for
- Remember that Halloween costumes that are dark color in their design will reduce being
seen by others and traffic. Carrying a flashlight, glow stick or perhaps a cyclists head lamp will reduce this danger, and add visibility and safety.
- Children that wear a mask will have in most situations a harder time seeing out from it. Consider face painting and have fun designing a mask from makeup, this will ensure their vision is ready to look out where they are going.
- Stay with well lit family neighborhoods with well lighted yards and street lights.
- Be mindful of dogs, as a child carrying a bag of treats, can also attract some not so friendly family pets.
- Remind your little ones never to enter into any home of whom they do not know for any reason.
- Be sure to discuss the safety plans with your little ones before the exciting event begins,
as the excitement is a sure distraction once they get out there.
- Check through their loot bags, for suspicious items, and explain this has to be done before they start sampling all the wonderful treats, let them know that they can look at all of the goodies once home, and the candies are deemed to be safe.
- Be safe all and have a Happy Halloween.
The goal is to make Halloween night a fun experience. With so many ways to celebrate this night, it a time to make positive family memories safety is one way to ensure this. Of course with little ones we never know when the humorous times will occur, but when they do , it's making a funny and happy memory. Ones your family will remember for years to come.