Create a lovely bouquet of hearts for Valentine's day or any special occasion!
1. Recycle a plastic container and paint it with acrylic paint in a colour of your choice.
2. When the paint is dry, draw a design with white glue and pour glitter on the glue. Remove the excess glitter and let the container dry completely.
3. Draw a small heart on a piece of Bristol board and cut it out to use as a model.
4. Fold a strip of coloured paper in two.
5. Place the model heart on the coloured paper but let one side overlap a little bit beyond the fold. Trace around the model with a pencil. Cut the two layers of coloured paper to obtain a double heart attached at the fold. Cut enough hearts of different colours to cover the branches.
6. When you have cut all the little double hearts, write sweet messages for your special Valentine.
7. Place a block of florist foam inside the plastic container that you painted earlier. Stick a few branches in the florist foam. Glue the little hearts on the branches with a glue gun.
8. As a nice finishing touch, hide the foam with some tissue paper.
9. Now you have a wonderful bouquet of hearts to give to your Valentine!
For a video showing you how to make this project, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDG5Wlgf190