- Holidays and Celebrations
Recipes for Leftover Halloween Candy: Twix Cheese Cake Pie
Twix Cheesecake Pie
With all that leftover candy, Halloween doesn't have to end at 12am November 1st. This is one of several recipes for all that candy.
Let's Talk About Twix!
Twix is one of the popular candies, in general and during Halloween.Twix is made up of a cookie center, caramel topping and coated in chocolate.
I remember amidst the three bags of candy I'd bring home when I was a kid, twix was plentiful. This hub features a recipe that'll please your family and use up a good portion of those twix.
A Bit About Twix:
- Did you know Twix has dual citizenship? The candy bar, though owned by an American company (mars Inc.) debuted in the UK in 1967. It didn't come to the United States until 13 years later.
- Since it's debut there have been 30 varieties of Twix, including: Twix PB, Twix Coconut, Dark Chocolate Twix, Triple Chocolate Twix, Twix Tea Breaks, Twix Minis, Cookies N' Cream Twix, Twix Mint, Twix Cappuccino and Twix Xtra.
- Until 1991 when Twix became the universal name for the candy bar, Twix was known as Raider in many other countries.
- One package of Twix is 284 Calories. 125 of those calories are from fat.
Popular Twix Slogans
You may remember some of these...
- "Pause like you mean it" (US 2010)
- "Need a moment? Chew it over with Twix" (US 2000s)
- "Twix, it's all in the mix" (US 2000s)
- "Two for me, none for you" (US 1990s)
- 2 Bars Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar, Granulated
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Fun-Sized Twix Bars, Chopped
- 1 Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust, 8 Inches
- 6 Full-Sized Twix Bars, Chopped
More Hubs for Halloween
- In a small bowl, beat the cream chees, sugar and eggs together. Next mix in chopped fun-sized Twix bars (this may require an electric mixer). Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Now bake at 325° F for forty to forty-five minutes or until set. Remove from oven carefully and let it cool. Sprinkle the top with the chopped full-sized Twix bars.
- Finally refrigerate the dessert until the pie is firm. Then serve.
All Rights Reserved
Skylar Spring © copyright 2011