- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
WHAT I REALLY WANT FOR VALENTINES DAY!
Valentines Day Buying
It's that time of year again, you cannot miss it no matter how hard you try! They are every where you go, the grocery store , the pharmacy, the dollar stores & my mailbox..hearts, love, candy......no one is left out!
Every year after year, I see the same old things to choose from, I want different this year! I know my significant other would be happy to have the usually card and candy, but I'm no longer happy with "giving" that anymore!
The Top 10 most purchased/given on Valentines Day are:
- Candy-Chocolate, chocolate covered everythings, heart shaped candies!
- Gift Baskets: Food, fruit, sexy, lotions, books
- Teddy Bears
- Dinner/Night out
- Newly added ( really number 11, the I-Pod!
A Video made by a man for his wife for Valentines Day
What I would like to give/receive that is affordable:
- A homemade gift from my husband. I don't care if it's a card, a love letter, a heart made out of construction paper with ouR initials on it!
- I want to wake up on Valentines Day dragging my old, worn-out ,child birthing body into the shower to find a love note written in lipstick or the kids bath crayons on the shower wall!
- I want to find an old picture of the two of us or the whole family, that's been sitting in an old drawer for months or years,placed in a beautiful frame or an old frame that's been repainted or "bedazzled" by him and our kids!
- I want to be woken up late to find breakfast in bed even if it's a bowl of cereal!
- I would love to come home and find that one project or "Honey-do" item on the list was completed, no matter how small of a job it was.
- I would love to come home and find dinner made, the kids bathed and a load of laundry going in the laundry room.
- I would love to go to write the check for the mortgage payment, to find it had already been paid and sent off.
- The grocery shopping done
- The kids rooms cleaned
- The oil checked and changed in my mini-van
But really, most of all, I would like to arrive safely to my warm home, with my husband and kids waiting there on the couch for me, all happy and healthy, to hear them say, "What's for dinner Mommy?" .
Yea.....that would be the ultimate gift and that would give me the warm fuzzies all over and know that I am indeed needed, wanted and in fact, loved!