- Holidays and Celebrations»
Tripping on the Light Fantastic: Richmond’s Tacky Christmas Lights and Decorations Tour
I’ve just learned that yesterday my neighbors drove 100 miles to look at the Christmas lights in Richmond, Virginia, and they’re already planning to do it again next year! If you’re looking for a new holiday tradition and you live within reach of Richmond, you might want to consider doing the same.
One house getting plugged in, and plugged in, and plugged in, and . . .
Here's a short list of fun facts:
- For a home to be on the official Tacky Light Tour, it must have a minimum of 40,000 lights.
- One pair of neighboring houses has a combined 1,000,000 lights.
- One home keeps a Visitor’s logbook, and they have entries from every single state! And other countries!
- It is so popular that at one house, on one evening, one person commented that he had to wait in line for an hour and half (to get into the yard for the walking tour) but it was well worth it.
There are several limousine companies eager to take you from place to place in ease and comfort. Sounds like a party to me!