jodeci profile image 61

Why do "we" put so much value when buying gifts?

"Presents don't really mean much to me. I don't want to sound mawkish, but - it was the realization that I have a great many people in my life who really love me, and who I really love." ~Gabriel Byrne

FreeFly07 profile image60

Best Answer Craig Wilson (FreeFly07) says

• jodeci profile image

jodeci 4 years ago

Thanks for responding, I do agree, people buy the most expensive gifts just to show off. They know they can't afford the gift but buy it anyway, this does not show more love and sometimes it may even annoy the person getting the gift.

• jodeci profile image

jodeci 4 years ago

Thanks for responding. Gifts do show that you are thinking of the person and your appreciation for having that person be apart of your life. As long as you don't put yourself in a financial bind trying to prove your love.