Why do we put up with so much drama in our life?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. sangre profile image93
    sangreposted 11 years ago

Why do we put up with so much drama in our life?

Why does life have to be so complicated sometimes.

2. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 11 years ago

This is an interesting question. I don't think people 'put up with the drama' I think they unnecessarily create it in their lives. Some people are drama queens and want people to take pity on them and so they play that part.

When all is said and done, some people just deal with their problems and move on. Others need an audience and have to make a song and dance about it.

3. shampa sadhya profile image76
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

Most of the people want to have a high profile image and always want some hype around them. To achieve such a goal you need to have attention from others and how one will derive attention without making the life complicated for no reason at all. Complication means lot of discussion then a search for solution and later again some agreement or disagreement will go on unfolding. Thus, life is always full of drama only because people want it that way. Most of the people do not believe in smooth outcome and it leads to drama.

I found this question quite interesting.

4. Author Cheryl profile image82
    Author Cherylposted 11 years ago

Because people are not willing to let go of it.  There is no reason that any human being should have to put up with drama especially women.  Rid yourself of negative people and move on to a new drama free life.  We were not put on earth to suffer for anyone.

5. profile image0
    Janhornerposted 11 years ago

I honestly do not know!  Where I work is like an on going drama I've put up with  for five years.  I'm still not sure if it's good or bad for you.  I've also had some very dramatic moments in my personal life.   I think it is something we all handle at the time without realising how well we deal with these moments.

Well, I have my two grand sons with me at the moment Aflie 4 and Jack 2 fighting over a car (even though there are loads more sitting in the toy box!).   That's my dramatics for the day.

Jan

6. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image60
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 11 years ago

Maybe because we want to. Once we have had enough we soon find a way out otherwise known as PEACE.

7. jeugenejohn profile image52
    jeugenejohnposted 11 years ago

Outlook towards life depends upon how we approach a problem. From child hood we are taught "life is a bed of nails". This becomes embedded in our thought process and we approach every situation in a difficult way. Even if it is a simple process, we make it complicated. There is always a simple way to do anything and is quoted by the proverb "Anyone can make a simple event, complicated, but genius makes a complicated thing, simple"

8. Lastheart profile image66
    Lastheartposted 11 years ago

I think that many just don't know how to pass the page. Others love to live with tragedies and leave to the side their blessings. I know those who just will make a simple comment turn into an offensive and negative criticism. What it is in the heart will come out, that is why without God we will not be able to keep this earthly life. There are many lovely things, situations and people that could surround us with real love...the rest will be alright.

9. That Grrl profile image73
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

I think people mimic the TV shows where every smallest situation has to become a drama. A lot of people speak the way people do on TV and they copy their reactions to events/ circumstances/ situations too.

I have women friends who changed after watching Sex and the City for years. I never watched it maybe that's how I notice the changes in them and the way they talk about things, how they see things and react.

10. Aarisa profile image60
    Aarisaposted 11 years ago

I have gotten rid of a lot of drama by separating myself from "friends" who seem to live of it.  There is always going to be drama... mine has been greatly reduced.

11. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 11 years ago

What is "drama?" This is a slang term that I find rather meaningless. I find it annoying when people use these kinds of vague and ambiguous terms in communication because any subsequent discussion is based on a weak understanding of the term itself and in my opinion, ironically only leads to more "drama."

12. ecoggins profile image89
    ecogginsposted 11 years ago

That is a very good question. From a Christian philosophical point of view, I would say its because we want to believe the best of people even when they consistently show us their worst. Through faith and hope, we feel things will turn around sooner or later and the drama will end. But, drama can be what makes life interesting to us. Even though it's difficult, we would not want anyone to walk out on us and so we choose not to walk out on them. Of course, it could also be that we are fearful of branching out to discover a new life. I think Tony Robbins would say that the pain of being alone and lonely as well as the fear of the unknown is greater than the fear of staying in a difficult relationship or other life situation. Even so, no situation is perfect and drama will come in nearly every one of them. Maturity of heart comes to the person that can find rest and solitude in the midst of the darma in order to minimize its effects.

13. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 11 years ago

Drama is what we are. Our life is a drama. When we think about ourselves, we think about all the things we've been through, good and bad, that have happened to us.

14. dzephaniah profile image60
    dzephaniahposted 11 years ago

A little drama is a good thing, because a person needs a constant challange in his/her life, to be happy. However if drama is almost a daily accurance in you life, you have a problem. That means that you live a life of a lie and that you didn't create a good enviroment for you.

15. Craan profile image76
    Craanposted 11 years ago

I guess it is a way to learn how to make the best choices in life.

16. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 11 years ago

(again the comment button won't work- )

Some people truly enjoy/need being the center-of-attention, & have no prob creating havoc for that purpose.
    Many times, though, it's a matter of throwing a negative label on someone when you don't like what they say or do.  meaning- manipulation.

17. dannelmarchese profile image61
    dannelmarcheseposted 11 years ago

Conflict creates. It is the beginning and the end of all of our fixations. Without conflict, without struggle, we have nothing. Man is not meant to be content.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)