- Holidays and Celebrations
Delicious Dessert Shooter Ideas
Dessert shooters - shot glass desserts are perfect for Valentine's Day
If you're looking for a fun and creative way to serve a after a meal, welcome to the world of light dessertdessert shooters!- mini desserts that are perfect for Valentine's Day. Served in any kind of small glass (think shot glass), a dessert shooter will provide just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth after a filling dinner.
Dessert shooters are best served en mass so, for the prettiest and most impressive display, prepare at least two per person and mix it up. One of the best things about dessert shooters is that you can get very creative and come up with your own recipes. The below are my top favorite dessert shooters. You'll find that these mini desserts are incredibly easy to prepare and will win you raves as the hostess with the mostess.
The photo in this section is Applebee's Hot Fudge and Key Lime Shooters. Click HERE for my own Key Lime Pie Dessert Shooter recipe. It's truly delicious!
For more delicious information on dessert shooters, please come visit my new website DessertShooters.com.
dessert recipes / dessert shooter / dessert shooters / sweet tooth / shot glass desserts / shot glass / desserts served in shot glasses / Valentine's Day / dessert / desserts
Last edited: 10MAR13
Some of my favorite dessert shooter glasses are disposable
I like "different" types of glasses to hold my dessert shooters and the below fit the bill. These are all on amazon and are WAY cheaper than buying in a store. They're also plastic and, except for the Rosseto dessert shooter glasses (which you'll probably want to keep), can be tossed right into the recycle bin after use.
Cute cocktail napkins to serve with dessert shooters
Chocolate Brownie Delight Dessert Shooter
AKA - ahhhhh....
This dessert shooter is perfect for the chocoholic and delivers a rich punch after dinner. If you're serving adults, add a zing to the top of your mini dessert with any liquors, such as Kahlua, Gran Marnier, or Chambord.
For variety, and, if you want a more elaborate dessert shooter, put some other items in the brownie mix such as dried cranberries, raisins, or chocolate chips. Walnuts in brownies work well with dessert shooters too.
Scroll down for the recipe or make with your favorite chocolate brownie recipe. If you need inspiration, here's an article about Chocolate dessert recipes
Dessert shooter cups with flair
I love the shape and look of these little dessert shooter cups. I think they work best enmass so, if you're serving dessert shooters after Thanksgiving, Christmas, or a wedding, I think these are the prettiest presentation.
- 1 Brownie cut into small squares about 1/2 inch each
- 4 T chocolate ice cream or mousse
- 1 t caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Mint leaf for garnish
- A 2-3 ounce shot glass
- Place 3 or 4 brownie pieces in the bottom of the dessert shooter glass.
- Add 2 T of ice cream on top - note: you can use any flavor of ice cream you prefer but keep it simple. Vanilla or chocolate work best.
- Drizzle with 1/2 t of caramel sauce.
- Repeat the brownie and ice cream layers. Add a dab of whipped cream and drizzle with 1 t caramel sauce. Add the mint leaf to the top (sub in a cherry if you prefer). For adults, drizzle with any type of liquor.
- Simply delicious, elegant, and easy to prepare.
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love chocolate, and communists. ~Leslie Moak Murray
Some cute mini dessert shooter glasses
Some of these are disposable dessert shooter glasses - just the right way to serve small desserts and get out of dishes at the same time.
The Merritt 5 oz tumbler in action as a dessert shooter
Grilled peach melba dessert shooter
Summertime is upon us and what can be better to serve for dessert than grilled peaches? If you haven't tried it, you really must so run along to your favorite local market and pick up a few peaches asap! Get moving!
Here's how to create a Grilled Peach Melba dessert shooter
- 1 firm peach
- Pam cooking spray
- 3 T graham cracker crumbs
- 1 t melted butter
- 4 T vanilla ice cream
- A 3-4 ounce shot glass
- 2 or 3 fresh berries for garnish
- Prepare the peach for grilling by cutting in half and removing the pit. A firm peach will grill the best so don't get overly ripe peaches. Spray cut side with Pam cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use any neutral flavored cooking oil such as canola or vegetable oil. Place cut side down on a medium hot grill for 3 minutes - you just want to have some nice grill marks in the peach.
- Once grilled, cut peach into 1/2" cubes or larger if you prefer depending on the size of your dessert shooter glass.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with the butter and place 1/2 in the bottom of the dessert shooter glass. For the prettiest presentation, press the graham cracker crumbs up the side of the glass a bit. Add in 3-5 grilled peach pieces and top with 2 T ice cream. For adults, drizzle with a bit of peach schnapps.
- Layer in more graham cracker crumbs, peach pieces and ice cream. Top with a few fresh berries and another drizzle of peach schnapps.
- This is the perfect mini dessert to serve for a picnic in the summer.
Dessert Shooter Glasses on Amazon
These two different glasses have hollow stems so they're just perfect for filling the bottom with your favorite liquor. They are, however, a bit big for a dessert shooter so fill up some space with lighter ingredients, such as whipped cream or gelatin or a light sorbet.
Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Shooters
Cheesecake in its own right is a very rich dessert so having just a taste after a big dinner makes more sense. And, there's no better way to have a little taste than to layer the cheesecake along with a few choice ingredients into a dessert shooter glass.
Making a Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Shooter is easy... - Here's how...
- Cheesecake cut in 1/2" cubes
- 4 T graham crackers
- 1 t butter
- 4 large sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Mix the graham crackers and melted butter together and press into the bottom of the dessert shooter glass.
- Add in 3 or 4 cubes of cheesecake and add a small amount of whipped cream. Add in 1/2 of the strawberries.
- Add in the rest of the graham cracker crumbs (reserve 1t for topping) and more cheesecake and the rest of the strawberries.
- Spritz with whipped cream, and sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker crumbs.
How about making Smore Dessert Shooters?
These dessert shooters would be great to serve at a 4th of July picnic! Better make more than 1 per person though as everyone is sure to want 'Smore."