WORST GIFT IN MY LIFE.....DONT WISH IT ON MY ENEMIES!!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image53
    worstgiftposted 11 years ago

My wife, after being with her for a couple years. This was my first birthday being married, my 30th, my wife got me the worst gift. I am not greedy for money or things but I think if you make a sufficient amount and can spend on others I should be a priority no??

Just a little about my situation. My wife, she has been through a bad break up. Ever since I was with her she was always scared that I would break up with her. She would do so many sweet things before we married and I always returned the favor. Our relationship even though from the beginning had its ups and downs. We were inseperables. Almost like Romeo and Juliet. Like some sort of lovers you read about in a novel. My wife her bad relationship stemmed from a bad guy, who used her for money: around $25K that she spent years while going through college to pay. To this date she is in debt because of his $25K loan her student debt and consumer debt. But she has for the most part paid off a good chunk.

She would buy her self expensive food, clothes, soap, go to salons etc. I got her for her birthday an Italian Gold Bracelet that cost several hundred dollars. On my birthday she got me........A TV......

Yes folks I got a tv. Sounds good, right?? I didnt say big screen. It was a small 19 inch tv with built in dvd from get this: VENTURER....a chinese brand. She bought on the Shopping Channel. This tv is disgusting, she promised to take it back, never did. It is the worst present I got in my life. All my computer monitors at home and at the office are 22 inch. What compelled her to get a 19inch tv I will never know........BUT I HATE IT!!!

SHE HASNT TAKEN IT BACK........SHE WENT TO BUY OTHER ACCESSORIES AS SHE WANTS TO USE THE TV AS THE SHOPPING CHANNEL WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK....THE ACCESSORIES COST AS MUCH AS THIS SHITTY TV. On top she tried to sell it on kijiji I think someone offered her $20 for it.

I dont think thats fair....she can be devastated by an ex financially and give him $25K.....I am the man who married her, take her on vacations, love her, never asked for anything financially, even pick and drop her off everyday. I get this??

I am sad about this still and it has been months!!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

suck it up buttercup!....lol

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You've been stewing about something this silly for months? Yeesh. I'd hate to see you if you ever suffered some real misfortune.

Life sucks, Get a helmet!!

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got a helmet...doesn't help.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Talk about looking the gift horse in the mouth.  I'll take the TV, it sounds good to me.

2. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

You started a new account for this...?

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

New posters do not read the rules. They think they are supposed to write here. That's whats wrong with Hp now!

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years ago

Try to not take it personally. See it objectively. That is who she is. Accept it and tell her your feelings.  "I do not think you should have told me this was a gift. it hurts my feelings. It seems like you bought it for yourself... After all I have done for you!" Then let her sit with what she has caused within you.(not anger, hurt and sadness) She'll probably apologize. Then tell her you hope she never does anything like this again. She won't. Sorry she didn't catch her own lack of truthfulness. (She was probably trying to kill two birds with one stone.  TV for her, gift for you)... some people just have blind spots. She didn't think you would take it personally, is my guess.

4. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

I hope you never run into any REAL problems in life dude. Won't be able to handle it.

5. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Pretty selfish of you, if you ask me. 
    She got you a gift. Why can't you just receive it pleasantly?
    Sounds as though you're measuring her self worth as a wife by what she gives you as a gift.

6. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

Wow, Ive never heard anything like that in my life... surely you're just trolling the forum?

7. wbfree profile image61
    wbfreeposted 11 years ago

YOU married her. Love her anyway. Stop looking at "things" and material things you can get from her. Didn't you vow "for better or for worst"?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

If a 19 inch tv is as bad as it gets.... I have no words.

8. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

I really thought the punch line of this story was going to be an STD.  I'm a bit disappointed.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

9. Maggie Bennett profile image60
    Maggie Bennettposted 11 years ago

Are you serious?  Really, she doesn't deserve you.

What should she have gotten you? 

Should she go into debt for $26,000.00 just to prove she loves you more than her ex....who taught her a very important life lesson.  You need to get your priorities in order.  Why did you marry your wife in the first place?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)