jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

White Flocked Christmas Tree?

1. heart4theword profile image79
    heart4thewordposted 8 years ago

White Flocked Christmas Tree?

Has anyone ever had one?  For many years, it was my dream to have a white flocked Christmas Tree.  The Day came when I could of had one, yet I bought a fake White Tree.  My husband had been saying how nice it is, to just put up a fake tree....I always said no!  It is not the same, not having the smell of the tree in the house.    I really was suprised that I did like the fake tree, but I think only because it was white.  What is it like for those who have had a tree flocked?  I guess I still remember saying I always wanted one, and haven't done it yet...

2. Hi-Jinks profile image59
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

Yes, I used to flocked them 20  years ago near Chicago. We mostly did white, but pink and light blue were nice. The strangest request was for a black flocked Christmas Tree with glitter. It was beautiful. The worst one was a flocked green ug!!!
    The tree should only be in the house for less than 14 days.

3. heart4theword profile image79
    heart4thewordposted 8 years ago

wow, good advice, 14 days? Never would of thought to ask.  You even gave me a decorating tip!  Thank you for responding:)

4. Laura Thykeson profile image70
    Laura Thykesonposted 8 years ago

I say, if you are talking about a fake flocked tree, then you might as well dress in 1950's style clothes at Christmas, lol! I am just old fashioned, and even though my tree is fake because of asthma problems with real ones, it is green. Otherwise, I would have a real one every year, like when I was young. But it is YOUR Christmas, and whatever makes you happy is what you should have! Also, another consideration is how much easier the clean-up of a fake one is compared to a real one after the holidays are over and your real tree has decided to shed all over your floor!

Closed to reply

working