jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you have a Christmas tree?

1. nanderson500 profile image84
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Do you have a Christmas tree?

If so, do you buy a live one or do you have a fake one?

2. Goody5 profile image74
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Oh yes, and we just put it up today! We use to buy fresh Christmas trees every year, but I got a good deal on a fake one at a yard sale and that's what we use now.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

A fake one. I'm allergic to the smell of real ones. Not to mention all of the needles falling off.

4. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

I have two fake trees. One is 6 foot you have to put together via all those color-coded branches. But last year my daughter decided she needed a cat. After the cat pulled down the tree 3 times, I said forget this, put the tree tree away, and bought one a couple feet high you just unfold. I think I'll go with that one this year.

5. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Nope sad  We recently moved and our old tree didn't fair so well in the attic so we had to throw it out.

Being the thrifty frugal scrooge, I refuse to buy a new one at the current prices. So I will purchase a new artificial tree in the after christmas sales when they are like 90% off.

My kids are young enough that they don't care about the tree yet. But we will decorate our outdoor trees with them to give them the fun and joy of decorating.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It's kind of odd, we live in Montana and our property if full of pine trees--but we have an artificial Christmas tree we use every year.  We heat with wood and the air is so dry that live trees, even with water, die very quickly - so we go with the artificial.

7. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes...we always have a real one and we usually buy it from the Rotary club.

8. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

Not yet, but we are looking forward to buying our first full size tree this year.  We usually buy the small ones that can be replanted after you are done using it for Christmas. This year we have a tall enough season to get a big one.

9. Tonyx35 profile image60
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

We have a very fake, pre-lit tree  and have ornaments in a separate storage container.

10. garyluther profile image40
    garylutherposted 4 years ago

Yes, i have the Christmas tree which i bought from the Instant Shade Inc.

11. Bwogi222 profile image60
    Bwogi222posted 3 years ago

Yes only on Christmas days but if not Christmas  I be with no Christmas tree at all

working