jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I throw a great coctail party?

1. Dave Cald profile image79
    Dave Caldposted 8 years ago

How do I throw a great coctail party?

Somehow I got roped into hosting a cocktail party next Saturday for some co-workers. What kind of beverages should I have on hand? Can I get away with just a few cases of beer! Do I need to make a dinner or will some finger foods do the trick? Any advice? Ideas? Please help!

2. Barkley Rosehill profile image81
    Barkley Rosehillposted 8 years ago

This informative page is packed with great tips and advice that will ensure that your upcoming cocktail party is a huge success! read more

3. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 8 years ago

Theme is everything. If you pick a color scheme, then you should pick finger foods to match.

You should have the four main beverages.

1. Hard liquor
    2. Light liquor
    3. Soda (or something bubbly)
    4. Water.

You should have finger foods, but it depends on the hours of the party.

4. slideseven profile image57
    slidesevenposted 7 years ago

Read my latest hubs on throwing a great Cocktail party and what you can make to get the results you want.

5. Sissi Ravano profile image29
    Sissi Ravanoposted 7 years ago

Throwing a great cocktail party, means ensuring that all guests are having fun, relax and happy. Here are the keys:
    1. Dress to impress. You can't wear what you like. Wear clothes that look relax, fun and elegant, that give a friendly welcome kind of look to your guests, yet elegant.
    2. Invite some member of your family. They usually get drinks circulating and introduce guests to each other. Making sure the music is always right.
    3. Get one person to be always there to make the cocktails ready.
    4. Keep the food coming. Never undercater. Never have food runs out. Even if you have left over, you can eat them the next day for lunch.
    5. Light candles with aroma. The guests will notice the first thing they walk in your home. So make it smell delicious with some aroma candels burning you would prefer. Ohh and please dont forget to make sure that you have a very good hand soap in the bathroom.