jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the most memorable gift you gave to another that was made with your own

1. sharing the sky profile image66
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

What is the most memorable gift you gave to another that was made with your own two hands?

There's something to be said about thoughtful, handmade gifts. Whether it was large or small, complex or plain and simple, I'd like to hear your experiences. Thanks!

2. tnderhrt23 profile image75
    tnderhrt23posted 7 years ago

I made a moose doll and dressed him up in country duds and gave him to a friend who loves animals! It was the first doll I had ever made, with big eyes and big antlers, and overalls!

3. Lady MJ profile image75
    Lady MJposted 7 years ago

My mom has always been a supporter of my writing. She tried desperately to get me to write a childrens book, but I just wouldn't do it. Finally one year, I wrote, illustrated, printed and bound her a book about a daughters love for her mother.
    She cried, which made me cry. It was great.

4. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

When I was probably 4 or 5, I gave my mom a ceramic heart-shaped box that I painted. Its pretty ugly looking but it meant a lot. I'm 18 now and she still has it on the table next to her bed smile

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i made a heart out of wood. then i made a tiny scroll with a poem in it and tied it with a ribbon to the heart plaque. my wife loves it.

working