jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

What is the worst gift anyone ever gave you?

1. Besarien profile image85
    Besarienposted 3 years ago

What is the worst gift anyone ever gave you?

Birthday, Christmas, a shower- what is the worst gift you ever got?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12030629_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Maybe not the worst; but I have had someone give me something I had previously given them for Christmas the year before.

Besarienposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh no! You got re-gifted your own gift? As long it wasn't food I doubt it will be the worst gift that gets mentioned here. An acquaintance gave me a picture of his mother he had painted.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 3 years agoin reply to this

LOL..... Yes I was re-gifted.

3. Suhail and my dog profile image89
      Suhail and my dogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That must have been funny, as well as sad at the same time, JThomp lol.

4. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. lol

3. Suhail and my dog profile image89
    Suhail and my dogposted 3 years ago

I always get great gifts. People tend to know my taste (ties, perfumes, colognes, music albums, etc.) and that is what I tend to get haha.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

"A donation was made in (your name) to such and such charity"
    A photo of the galaxy and a certificate that reads "This star was named after you". The donation the employer made was not tax deductible for the employees and God only knows where my star is! smile

1. ChristinS profile image97
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

aww, my husband had a star named after me when we were dating and I thought it was a romantic and sweet gesture smile different strokes for different folks I guess smile

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
      C.V.Rajanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Haha! At least you know where your gift money is!

3. Besarien profile image85

One year I was promised a Christmas raise, and kid you not, got a coupon for 5% off a Christmas turkey instead. For one thing, I still had a freezer full of turkey from Thanksgiving. I own my own business now. Will never give out a coupon.

5. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

My former mother in law was always a bit shall we say passive aggressive.  She developed a habit of giving me clothes that were ugly and always a few sizes too large.  One year she gave me a top that 2 of me could fit in and told me she'd be happy to let it out for me so it would fit properly... lol.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I think the worst gift I got was a part of a tool. I didn't own the tool, so the part was useless. I'm fairly certain it just got mislabeled, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the person who gave it to me just wrapped whatever they could find in their garage.

I have gotten a few hasty gifts when I have given someone a Christmas gift who wasn't expecting one from me, but really, part of a tool is pretty bad! I hope they make it up to you this year!

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

nothing, nobody gave me anything for christmas after I was married. Such a sad christmas. I wish I was still single then my mom will continue to give me gifts

Oh no! *virtual hug* Did they disapprove of the marriage?

Closed to reply

working