What does the 4th of July mean to you?

1. manthy profile image77
    manthyposted 6 years ago

What does the 4th of July mean to you?

I'm a patriotic person and I want to know what independence day means to you.

2. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

Freedom.....bought by the blood and sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of men and women who were willing to stand for what they believe in, and the families who loved them enough to stand behind them while they served for us.  I did a hub on this recently - it is on my heart right now.  My son is a Marine, currently serving on a ship somewhere between Spain and Libya.  I, too, am proud to be a patriot, and the mother of 3 more.

3. Meg Ingram profile image59
    Meg Ingramposted 6 years ago

To me its the freedom for all those in america, no matter the color or race. Its the right to be who we want to be and say what we say,  its also the  history of what we had to sacrifice to be here today , to those who fought so hard for us and are still fighting for us today ,  to have what we have Independence day is a very ... okay i will sound like a sissy but im a girl so its kind of a teary moment for me lol im strange but that's my  meaning of it . God bless us all and keep us safe and free .