jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you be in favor of having invited party guests address their own "thank yo

1. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image83
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 6 years ago

Would you be in favor of having invited party guests address their own "thank you" card envelopes?

In the interest of saving time, research, and mistakes, the sponsor of a birthday party where gifts were expected asked the guests to address their own near future "thank you" cards. Would you do it?

2. bearnmom profile image64
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

I've been to many parties where the thank you envelopes are addressed by the people attending the party.  Then the envelopes are used to pull names for party favors.  I'm not offended that the hostess saves time for the honored guest by having the thanks you envelopes pre-addressed.

3. Helena Ricketts profile image98
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

I think it's kinda tacky for someone to do that, especially if it's something like a shower or birthday party where I had to take the time to go buy a gift.  I've never been to a party where we have been asked to fill out our own thank you envelopes and I would obviously fill it out but as a hostess would never dream of doing this.

4. Stephiliboo profile image57
    Stephilibooposted 6 years ago

A little awkward to me... "Yes, could you please fill out the envelope before the roast?"

5. MomsTreasureChest profile image89
    MomsTreasureChestposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't do it, it seems a little inappropriate, but wouldn't it be so nice if it was the norm for wedding showers, weddings, baby showers, parties, etc?  I think it would be great.

working