jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your favorite family Christmas tradition? When did it start?

1. justateacher profile image82
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite family Christmas tradition? When did it start?

There are many traditions centered around Christmas. In my combined family, we have new traditions and those that have come from our grandparents. What is your favorite?

2. thebookmom profile image76
    thebookmomposted 6 years ago

We have lots of fun Christmas traditions, but if I had to pick a favorite I would say decorating my parents tree.  We all get the tree together at a local farm and then eat soup together.  Later that night we return.  First we read the Christmas story in Luke and then we decorate.  I love that we get to see all our old homemade ornaments and our kids get to hear the stories behind them.  It is a joyful time when we all get ready to celebrate the season together.

3. PeanutButterWine profile image57
    PeanutButterWineposted 6 years ago

ooh drink too much wine during the present wrapping party the night before Christmas while watching super old Christmas Movies (Scrooge, Miracle on 34th Street etc), with Mom, Sisters and Aunts = hilarious!

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

My favorite Christmas Tradition is to give of myself as I sing to praise God in service at midnight service and again at Christmas day service. I sing with two different choirs.

working