jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does your family give presents at Christmas?

1. MazioCreate profile image72
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

How does your family give presents at Christmas?

Coming from a family of 12 children and having 32 nieces and nephews, makes Christmas a very expensive time if giving presents to everyone.  I now give family presents that may include games, lollies, a lottery ticket and other fun trinkets.  We don't want for anything as a family & it mainly focuses on the children.  Having my surviving siblings and their children around is the greatest gift ever.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5889154_f260.jpg

2. HendrikDB profile image60
    HendrikDBposted 6 years ago

We only give something as token of our love for each other. We used to buy something small but for the past few years my wife is making something herself for each child - something practical like an egg holder, a beautiful table cloth, a bookmark, etc. It is something very special coming from the heart.

3. alphagirl profile image82
    alphagirlposted 6 years ago

We adopt a family in need and buy for that family. We have stopped exchanging gifts out of state and have ask that(relatives and friends) they donate to those in need. We are not in any need. My kids are older and I buy for them, but use the stockings as the main surprise. I make prime rib roast on christmas and make a great brunch, hang in Pj's watch movies...spending time together.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Drawing names out of a hat. Everyone sits down in the living room, all 28 of us. And we just pick names. Whoever's name is picked can open a present. Note this is only on Christmas Eve.

5. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

We always get dressed in new pajamas on Christmas Eve and give 1 present each, then Christmas Morning very early smile we get up and the kids open Santas presents first and we let the kids really enjoy, then the adults get there turn.  Can't wait for our Christmas this year with my Daughter and two grand kids.

working