jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is the worst Christmas present you got this year?

1. wonderingwoolley profile image57
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

What is the worst Christmas present you got this year?

Another sweater from Aunt Marge or the bassinet your mother gave you as a hint its time to find a husband and fill said bassinet?

2. gmmurgirl profile image84
    gmmurgirlposted 6 years ago

Nothing so far. I mean, just the fact that someone thought of giving me a present is enough for me to be thankful. Even a basket of fruit cakes are most welcome.

3. waynet profile image72
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I didn't get anything! I suppose that's the worst present of all! lol!

4. That Grrl profile image71
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say it was a bad present but my sister gave me a big, clunky necklace. She knows I never wear jewellery. I didn't ask her why she gave it to me, but I was confused and wondered what she was thinking.

5. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

I didn't get anything that I didn't like this year I had a very nice Christmas. I think that the worst Christmas present you can give someone though is like a set of cheap perfumes and body lotion. While it is the thought that counts usually giving a girl something like this, unless she specifically asks for it, shows that you didn't put too much thought into the gift at all. I say if you're going to give a gift then make it count!

6. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say that it's a "bad" present, but my friend got me a Jonas Brothers CD, not knowing that I outgrew the Jonas Brothers about two years ago. I'll still listen to it for his sake.

7. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

A post-it holder in the shape of a big red apple. Really? lol

8. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

A small crocheted afghan or throw from the gal that cleans our office.  It was a very sweet thought, but it is in really 70's colors and I had to wash it twice to get the cigarette smoke smell out of it.  But as I said, it was a nice thought as the gal made it herself--and i wouldn't hurt her feelings for the world so I just told her thank you very much.

9. NessaMetharam profile image60
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

I can't really say what it is, because the person who gave it to me might actually see this. I mean, I LOVE the gift. It's very thoughtful, sweet and creative. It's just sad that IT DOESN'T FIT! By that I mean, it's suppose to fall down on to my hips but it ended up hanging up to my tummy. Sad because I would honestly love to wear it.

10. prism3x profile image37
    prism3xposted 6 years ago

my spouse would not go to my family gathering

11. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Too many to count. :-( Why people give tiny statues to you when you don't have any in your house is beyond me. Plus why give a person a telephone diary when they store their numbers in their mobile. Every year I get a the telephone diary and it's getting old now.