jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever lost a gift unknowingly which was very special and dear to your he

1. shampa sadhya profile image82
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Have you ever lost a gift unknowingly which was very special and dear to your heart? Explain

Sometimes we misplace a special gift and then we get very upset. Who gifted you and why is it so upsetting?

2. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 6 years ago

Well, yes, in 2006 someone once left me a bangle, I kept holding it as I missed her so I give it to a friend for safe keeping, it ended up in his fire, proper annoying. When she asks for it back I will need her to choose a replacement - but that's dreaming a little as the chance has pretty much diminished...

3. Samantha Gold profile image60
    Samantha Goldposted 6 years ago

Many years ago I gave a pearl baby ring to a boyfriend of mine in high school to wear on a chain around his neck. He gave me his class ring to wear, as well.

At the time, when we exchanged rings, my grandmother, who gave it to me when I was born, had recently past away.  Unfortunately, the chain broke and the ring was lost while my boyfriend was at work.  Though he tried to find the ring for me, it was never recovered.  After searching for a couple days, he finally admitted to loosing it and we were both sad because of the sentimental value.  As hard as it was, when we ended our relationship, I returned his ring.

4. NZ Showcase profile image60
    NZ Showcaseposted 6 years ago

Gifts are given by people who love, care about or have a special relationship with us. So although losing the gift is sad, it is the relationship, love or friendship which is the most important part. Luckily you still have that.

5. HMathis1112 profile image60
    HMathis1112posted 6 years ago

Too often!  For instance, my ex (who wasn't my ex then) gave me this awesome, charm link watch for Christmas.  I mean the links were evidently, painstakingly picked out.  A lot of thought went into this present and was well maintained for about two years.  There was a microscope charm, a rainbow, my son's name, and  a pink swamp flower just to name a few.  Poof!  Gone!  Just like that!  How does this happen?  I want to find something; anything. . . a box, or drawer with all my missing treasures in it.  Now that would be so awesome!

6. jockbrocas profile image43
    jockbrocasposted 6 years ago

I lost something very dear to me when i was a young man in the military. I remember that i was given a cygnet ring with gold dust in it. It was owned by my uncle who was a monk and bought the ring for himself at a thrift shop. He loved the ring and gave it to me before he died. I cherished it, and hen one day when we were out training with the squadron; we were running with logs and when i came back, the ring was no longer on my finger. I was devastated.

7. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 6 years ago

The importance of a gift from a dear one is only realized after the end of your busy life schedule.

working