jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is your most memorable holiday experience?

1. MazioCreate profile image72
    MazioCreateposted 5 years ago

What is your most memorable holiday experience?

Riding to the summit of Alpe d'Huez for my 50th during the 2006 Tour de France always brings a smile to my face.

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Wow..that is awesome..mine was a very long time ago, another lifetime..we toured Asia and Europe....

3. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 5 years ago

Mine was New Years Eve in Hawaii. The resort we were staying in, the Royal Lahaina on Maui, was the only place that had a fireworks permit so people came from all the nearby hotels & resorts. People were packed in like sardines and most were dressed in their finest.
    The first star shell fired off hit a palm tree and went off only about 25' in the air. In the pandemonium many people were pushed into the sea.
    But the fun wasn't over yet. Seconds after the big finale there was a strange hissing sound. My ex grabbed my arm and said run. We grabbed our friends and quickly climbed a small wall to a raised bar,
    Someone had forgotten to cancel the automatic sprinkler system and it came on just as we got to the bar and it was hilarious. People trying to get off the lawns created a crowd surge that pushed about 30 people into the swimming pools.

1. MazioCreate profile image72
      MazioCreateposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is one New Year's Eve to remember. When you mentined the hissing I thought another firework had gone astray. Did you get any photos?

2. Borsia profile image45
      Borsiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No sadly I didn't get any photos but that vacation was what got me into photography. I had a little 110 Minolta at the time but the week afrwe we returned I bought my first 35mm.

4. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

When I shared Christmas dinner with a beggar friend, a very old man. It was almost 10 years ago yet until now I still feel the joy in my heart having shared even a little of what I had that made his heart rejoice. I couldn't explain the feeling, I was happy, and it happened on a Christmas Day. Thank you for asking.

working