jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you still value Christmas cards or is an email or holiday text fine for you?

1. J. Biaza profile image61
    J. Biazaposted 5 years ago

Do you still value Christmas cards or is an email or holiday text fine for you?

Has technology taken too much out from our holidays?  Do you still send out Christmas cards.

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

For family and friends I take the trouble to write real Christmas cards, for those that I only interact with on the internet, an email is fine.

J. Biazaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello Micks,
      There still seems to be the need to send out a card.  If I feel I need to, I make the card and personalize it instead of Hallmark.

3. ExpectGreatThings profile image85
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 5 years ago

I love getting cards that are homemade or include pictures of my friends/family or have a hand-written greeting on the inside. Cards that are merely signed are thrown in the trash. I think an email would be just as effective and much more cost-efficient if someone is just going to sign their name to a card.

Hi ExpectGreatThings,
      I really like your name.  I totally agree with you.  There are so many emails and text that are now decorative, and it is less expensive.  i would much rather get a personalized message and an autograph.

4. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I'm sick of christmas cards. What do I do with all those card? Too many friends and relatives. ugh! I hate writing them and sending them too. I used to do it all the time, but I've gotten to the point where I'm just tired of the things. I know a few relatives love to save them from year to year, but I never saw the point in it. So I have to figure out what to do with them until Christmas is over and then send them to the land fills. For me, just send me an email or text or a facebook message. Anything deleted just disappears. No paper wasted. No landfills filled. Less money on postage. I'll get the same message as the real live version all the same. Emails are best because you can send a longer message than texts or facebook. And you can make it more personal than a facebook message.

Hi joanwz,
      I am also on your thread of thinking.  All the paper waste, people hired to set the cards up, time used to shop, and of course the company making the money on over priced cards that basically offer a "hello."

5. multiculturalsoul profile image84
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I actually NEED Christmas cards to cover the back of our unsightly front door. The "tree" I try to make gets smaller each year. Eventually I may only have enough cards to make a triangle.

Technology will eventually take over and cards will be obsolete.  I think you are going to have to invest in some paint…what is your favorite color?

working