jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Are Some Valentine's Day Card Making Ideas?

1. PhoenixV profile image73
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. Glasso profile image62
    Glassoposted 5 years ago

Fold cardboard or thick paper in half, cut a heart out of the material.Color with traditional Valentine's colors. Add some paper or ribbon roses. Another way, fold cardboard or thick paper in half decorate with roses, hearts, beads, ribbons, lace etc.It would be also cute to trim the edge of a card with ribbon or lce.

3. Lizam1 profile image83
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I have a hub about how to make a mothers day or other greetings card - but your question has inspired me to write one specifically about valentine card making.  I'll be posting that on Friday.  In the meantime one suggestion is to layer coloured tissue into a heart shape using acrylic medium instead of glue onto a pale coloured handmade paper square and glue onto a pre-folded card.  Write a simple haiku inside and he (or she) will be yours forever.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 4 years ago

Valentine's Day is a great time to use come creativity to show your loved ones or friends how much you care.  Here are some ideas I have used in the past for making cards on Valentine's Day. read more

5. whaturmissing profile image82
    whaturmissingposted 4 years ago

I have a few hubs on making handmade Valentine's Day cards.  The most recent one has red lace heart doilies glued onto scrapbook paper and decorated with foam hearts.  Easy craft for a kindergartener.  Take a look at Michaels craft stores or dollar store for heart shaped stickers that are on sale and then combine it all together.  As long as it comes from the heart, it's the thought that counts.