What are some romantic Valentine's gift ideas for husbands/boyfriends?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Alayne Fenasci profile image61
    Alayne Fenasciposted 13 years ago

What are some romantic Valentine's gift ideas for husbands/boyfriends?

There are tons of gift ideas out there for women. But what about for men? I know there's the regular stuff like ties, socks, electronics, or sports tickets. What about for the more romantically inclined? You can only give so many coupons for sensual favors or candlelit dinners before it starts getting predictable.

So let's have your most romantic ideas for gifts a husband or boyfriend. I'd love to hear from both girls and guys on this.

2. Stina Caxe profile image81
    Stina Caxeposted 13 years ago

I always bake for my sweetie on Valentines Day.  Usually I make strawberry heart shaped cupcakes, but this year I think I am making him a strawberry cheesecake.

3. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 13 years ago

Ammunition. Better yet, take him out to Pearl River and go target shooting with him. Or rent a boat and help him find that alligator. Maybe a telescope, 'cause you know he's into astronomy. I know, you could watch the Godfather trilogy with him. Include popcorn, beer, those brownies you make.
    I probably shouldn't answer this one, should I sweetheart?

4. krillco profile image87
    krillcoposted 13 years ago

One must differentiate between 'romantic' and 'erotic'. They are not the same, and are often confused.

Romance has everything to do with sentimentality, while eroticism has everything to do with sensuality. Can these cross over? Of course. For example, a sentimental emotion surrounding a long favored perfume.

So: a romantic gift may be framing a photo of sentimental value, or making a scrapbook, or going to a location of a first kiss or meaningful conversation. An erotic gift could be anything from the candles and sexual favors you mention to special silky lingerie.

Many guys like the same romantic things ladies like, but do not admit it. I love to get flowers, because I love flowers.

One of the most erotic gifts is to decide to add novelty to your sexual repertoire. It does not have to be huge or dramatic, or even 'kinky', just a sexual behavior that is new to you as a couple.

5. solar10 profile image61
    solar10posted 13 years ago

As a husband I would love any thing that my wife could make by herself.

6. johnnymission profile image60
    johnnymissionposted 13 years ago

It's really simple.
    Listen to what he wants, materially speaking, like a jersey or something like that and then incorporate sex and food into that equation.
    So get a new sports jersey, a steak and grill that baby up. When he comes home, slip on that jersey and plate up that filet Mignon and hold onto your flippin' hat!

7. racquetsportatlas profile image60
    racquetsportatlasposted 13 years ago

I'd definitely say to avoid anything like pictures or scrapbooks or poems, etc. Most guys don't really like that stuff. Give the guy something useful--maybe a set of dumbbells or something. Or simply ask him what he wants. I'd rather my girlfriend ask me what I want and get it for me than her try to surprise me with a lousy gift. Maybe cook him his favorite meal and/or desert for the night too. Mixing things up sexually is usually an appreciated complimentary gift as well

8. lawrencebeach2010 profile image61
    lawrencebeach2010posted 13 years ago

Guys like something sensual/ romantic. It's hard to pull off honestly. So I am thinking dinner over candles, in our home. But with a strip tease later. If your guy loves you he doesn't care about your love handles or cellulite, he just wants to see you naked and grinding on him!

9. The Fanboy profile image59
    The Fanboyposted 13 years ago

Treat him to a day of wine tasting at a local winery and then buy him the most expensive bottle you can comfortably afford.

10. henry1robertson profile image60
    henry1robertsonposted 13 years ago

One beautiful flower with spending whole day... is the best gift for any wife.

11. tpshah profile image61
    tpshahposted 13 years ago

Men are just as sensitive as women – in most cases simply too shy to admit it! While material gifts are always wonderful to make Valentine's Day extra special, the centerpiece of the evening is really in the details.

choose the restaurant you'd like to take your gentleman to and make reservations. Buy a smaller gift – a beautiful Moleskine notebook for the deep thinker, an engraved stainless steel hip flask for the party animal, or perhaps an iPod, Nintendo DS, or PSP for the geeky gent – and have it wrapped and brought out with the appetizers.
    Be sure to include a personal, heartfelt card. Tell him how you really feel about him (remember, play nice!). Bring the present in to the restaurant by yourself previous to the time of your actual reservation and speak to the wait staff.

12. imaginghub profile image60
    imaginghubposted 13 years ago

I created a hub about this topic. It contains 8 points to be give some romantic valentine's day gifts. Just check it out and tell me your opinion.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Valentine-s-day … -boyfriend

13. KimberlyAnn26 profile image61
    KimberlyAnn26posted 13 years ago

This year I will proabably cook my husbands favorite dish and give him a really nice massage smile

14. webguyonline profile image57
    webguyonlineposted 13 years ago

an out of town vacation trip will perfectly do. ;-)

15. VividImage profile image71
    VividImageposted 13 years ago

A scavenger hunt smile
    The girlfriend or wife would leave clues around the house and have the husband find them and "follow the trail" which would lead all over the house, criss-crossing or zig-zagging until he found the "easter egg" of his girlfriend/wife who is dressed sexily (not slutty) and lying on the bed.  Perhaps the trail leading to her would be of her clothing.  In the room would be candles and/or incense, maybe even rose pedals on the nice satin or silky sheets. Perhaps she would be in a garden tub with floating candles.

16. Gayly profile image59
    Gaylyposted 13 years ago

I don't have a boyfriend but I guess, they'd appreciate any effort you could give.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)