What Are Some Saint Patrick's Day Traditions?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. That Grrl profile image63
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

Bacon and eggs for breakfast out in a place which has some kind of special green breakfast for St. Pat's Day. There's also a parade and we wear something green.

3. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

We ( my G-C  and I ) take an old shoe and spray it with shiny paint and glitter. Then we decorate it with green or spagnum moss..leaving a small hole on the top with light covering of moss over it..where we put next to..( small scoops from powdered drink containers) sprayed black/with cotton balls glue and sprinkled with gold glitter inside) to look like a pot of gold..
    Build a ladder from popscicles or toothpicks and lean it up against the shoe...
    Place it on a table overnight..( before going to bed, parent puts a small shamrock or piece of green material stuck on the ladder, to appear that he Leprechaun has climbed the ladder looking for gold.. we purchased a small stuffed Lep..years ago and hide him..after school the children have a blast trying to track him down..you can use small pieces of green construction paper as hints..the one who hunts him down and finds him..gets a gold coin candy..
    Now that the G-C are older, we sit down and someone starts a story of the "Little Leprechaun"s Adventure "( which tells of his hunting for the pot of gold) and ther'es always a rainbow mentioned and each one makes up the next part of the story...this has been a tradition for over 40 years that I started with my children....
    Let me know what you think....look forward to hearing from others...

working