jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever gone someplace that just gives you the creeps when you get there?

1. zeke2100 profile image78
    zeke2100posted 4 years ago

Have you ever gone someplace that just gives you the creeps when you get there?

Some places, like abandoned institutions give us the chills. Is this because of all the ghost hunter shows on television?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have visited places that gave me a feeling of wariness. My thing is abandoned houses. I am always curious as to how the house looks inside and if there areany remnants of memories lingering there from people of the past. I can sense, see, and hear things in the spirit world, so am aware of these things. Usually it is peaceful -- if I feel a wariness, I leave immediately.

In the Pacific Northwest, where I grew up, there was a time when a lot of homes were abandoned. We used to go in and snoop around. There was one place though, that really gave me the chills, but not until I had gone through the whole downstairs then went upstairs. It was so suffocating and eerie up there that I had to leave right away and never went back.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

It happens daily to me. I have to return from office every night to face my wife at home!

4. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Yes, and not necessarily an abandoned institution. I was staying for over a year in a rented house in Kuala Lumpur which doubled as an office, without any incident. After I was transferred to a nearby town, I returned one month later to sleep there, since I was spending the weekend in Kuala Lumpur. When I stepped into the bedroom that I used to sleep, I felt something eerie, but dismissed it as stagnant air because no one was occupying the house for a month. That night, I really felt frightened. The room was suddenly filled with huge soap bubbles floating about and occasionally coming right in front of my nose. I left the next morning, never to go back there again.

Just 2 years back, I brought two Australian Reiki masters to visit a waterfall in a rural town. The waterfall is a famous tourist attraction. About 2 km before arrival, the two Reiki masters requested me to turn back. I refused because we had travelled 50 km and was just 2 km away. Finally, when they insisted, I relented. One Reiki master said he almost wanted to jump off the car. He said the vibes were very negative. Vibes? I didn't feel anything. Later, I found out that the area was an execution ground during the Japanese Occupation of Malaya. Fancy me knowing this, only after 50 over years of living nearby! In fact, I had holidayed at the place many times. And yes, there were many deaths there, but I thought they died because most of them fell, when they tried to scale the waterfall.

1. zeke2100 profile image78
      zeke2100posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing these stories

5. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 4 years ago

Yes, stayed in a hotel in northern California, couldn't sleep all night. It wasn't frightening, but just made me feel like I didn't want to be there. Left early in the morning, won't go back there again.