jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does your disposition improve when you concentrate on being thankful for ... yo

1. tirelesstraveler profile image80
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Does your disposition improve when you concentrate on being thankful for ...  you name it.

My niece posted on FaceBook  November, 1. " I am taking the challenge to post something I am thankful for each day in November".  If you have taken this challenge has being thankful improved your disposition?

2. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

I have taken this challenge (not from your niece's post) and I know that being thankful has helped me to maintain a happy, confident and generous disposition.  Being thankful makes me aware that I am surrounded by blessings.  I feel I belong to the group described in Jeremiah 17:8(NLT).  I repeat this several  times a day:

"They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
        with roots that reach deep into the water.
    Such trees are not bothered by the heat
        or worried by long months of drought.
    Their leaves stay green,
        and they never stop producing fruit." 

Excellent disposition!

1. tirelesstraveler profile image80
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What a good idea.

3. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

My wife was just rude to me and clearly took me for granted. Angst was immediate, and seconded quickly by counting my blessings that she needs me. Life has been the challenge for me. But seeing the beauty has made every challenge worthwhile and rewarding.
    Depression is the worst disease known to man, for it takes this ability and gift away.

4. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

I have not taken this challenge, but I can tell you that the very first thing I do when my eyes open in the morning is be thankful for even being able to take one breath, and praise God for all the many blessings in my life.  When we really think about it, we have much to be thankful for, just life itself, even with its many trials and tribulations.

working