What are you thankful for today?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (46 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

Can you just name at least one thing you are thankful for today? Look forward to hearing from you.

moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am thankful for a new client and hope they become regular!!!

2. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am thankful that I am here for another day. smile  While here this day, I will find many others things to be thankful for. smile  We are surrounded by blessings to be thankful for if we just open our eyes and hearts.

Thank you Dale for sharing what you are thankful for and yes with open minds and hearts so many blessings come forth that we were otherwise unaware of. smile

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am thankful for Life,  shelter, and medicine today!  lol
      And for my wonderful kids and beautiful grandkids.
      I could make a whole list.

Brenda,You can make a list as long as you like. It just brings up a well spring of joy and happiness when  we can be thankful for even the smallest things in our lives. So please share what you are thankful whenever you want. I love to hear thankfulness instead of griping smile.
        Thanks for being thankful for all things in your life smile!!!!

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for asking!
          Today I'm thankful for moneyfairy's sweet thread.  smile

Thank you Brenda!!!

4. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am thankful to be alive to enjoy friends and family, my writing and my faith.

On a humorous note, I am thankful our car was not stolen today. We went to market and, in a senile moment, my husband left keys in ignition and car unlocked. That never happened before, and the humor only came later when the car was intact.

moneyfairyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your miracle!!! Wow!!! someone is definitely looking out for you!!! a great thing for you to be thankful for!!!
        Keep sharing what you are thankful for!!! thanks!!!

2. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 11 years ago

I am thankful for my life and all that I have like loving family, good friends, for a lovely day like today and for all my blessings.

Wonderful things to be thankful for!!! thanks for sharing!!!

1. liesl5858 profile image83
        liesl5858posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome moneyfairy.

3. moneyfairy profile image60

I am thankful for electricity and the roof over my head. In the complex that I live in there are a few section 8 housing people that live here and recently one of my neighbors didn't have electricity because of outstanding past due electric bills from her previous place, she  and her daughter have been coming over to use my microwave and plug outlet to curl their hair. It made me realize even though I thought I was poor their are people even worse off. So I am very thankful today that I have my electricity. Something so small but needed. Thank goodness our bldg. has boiler for the heater and the showers so the only thing they are missing is lights stove and fridge but they have heat and each other to stay warm.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Right at this moment, I'm thankful my family and I survived last night's storms.

I am glad you survived the storm too. Stay safe !!!!

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, moneyfairy!

You are welcome habee.

5. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

I am thankful for the healthy grandchildren, my productive children, and my sweet Chihuahua.

I'm thankful to be breathing, on this side of the grass. Whatever comes, comes.
    Ron Perlman

1. daisyf1305 profile image73
      daisyf1305posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you know that if u genuinely use gratitude in your daily life your happiness is greater?
      By being thankful for the little this but truly happy things like that delightful cup of coffee or tea. Or that time you spend with your love ones
      All of those little things bring balance and restore your happiness especially at times of natural disaster I went through hurricane Andrew with my hubby and my then two week old baby. It was not easy but we barbecued meet neighbors we never knew before shared stories and created memories
      Come by my blog as I work with building spirit through the value of working from home

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Reality Bytes: thanks for sharing what you are thankful for.
      daisyf1305: Thanks for sharing and yes i do know that the more thankful we are the fuller our lives and the more thankless we are the less we have and being thankful more often than not does create happiness, thanks!

6. moneyfairy profile image60

I am thankful for another sunny day after all the snow that we have had. I am thankful for wonderful friends and clients new and old. I am thankful for being able to type thses thanksgivings today I look forward to hearing what everyone else is thankful for.
    Have a blessed day!!!!

7. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 10 years ago

I am so thankful that I will be moving soon to a place that is half of what I am paying now. I am thankful for all my friends that are helping me in the moving process.

I look forward to hearing from any of you what you are thankful for today.

8. moneyfairy profile image60

I am thankful for freedom of speech!!!
    What are you thankful for today?

9. moneyfairy profile image60

I am so happy and grateful that I have lost 6 lbs. since July 31st!!! just form adding 30 min. of walking to my regime smile I'd love to hear what you are happy and grateful for.

10. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 10 years ago

I'm thankful for my beautiful family and our health and safety. When worse comes to worse, the love, health and safety of my family is all that really matters.

Mystic Moonlight: Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. Come share anytime what you are thankful for. Thank you for sharing.

11. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Most of all I spose Im thankful for forgiveness... that which Ive received, that which I am able to offer.

Im very grateful for laughter... it's so much a part of who I am. I laugh with my kids, my co-workers, when Im by myself... lol. I love to interact with ppl who have similar senses of humor.

Im grateful for the wise ppl in my life... Im grateful to learn anything I can from them, no matter who they are.

Mostly, just grateful for God, for my kids, and just to have the basics we need to keep life going.

Beth37: What a grateful heart you have for the things that are important in life. Keep sharing what you are thankful for whenever you like smile.
      Thank you for sharing.

12. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 10 years ago

clocked in,.. clocked out,... in between those two moments i made some smiles, got some things done, resisted the urge to murder my fellow man and slap a few people who desperately need it,... made it home,.. fixed supper for me and BF,.. house now to myself,... repeat tomorow,... and one day i'll be thankfull for something totaly unlike that,... i am thankfull for dreams.

stclairjack:Great !! at least you can find something to be thankful for. Keep sharing whenever you like all the things you are thankful for.....your health the love of your boyfriend....your quiet moments alone...anything. It's just wonderful to be thankful for even the little things no matter how small or insignificant. Thank you for sharing!!!

13. La Verne Amigo profile image63
    La Verne Amigoposted 10 years ago

I'm thankful that I'm still alive and still have the chance to do many things:)

La Verne Amigo:That's the spirit. The pulse of life is flowing thru you and causing you to open up to all the possibilites that are out there for you. Keep sharing as often as you like all the things in this life you are thankful for, it's what keeps you going. Thank you for sharing.

14. sdhaliwal profile image61
    sdhaliwalposted 10 years ago

I am thankful, that after long I could hear and realize the mistakes I was making in my relationship. I am thankful, it didn't take very long. I am thankful that I am positive about it. I will improve.

sdhaliwal: Thank you for sharing what you are thankful for. Keep sharing whenever you like. Thank you!

15. sdhaliwal profile image61
    sdhaliwalposted 10 years ago

There were many things to be unthankful about today.....but then I learned a very good thing. A BIG lesson....
    One mistake does't make a person inefficient. If he or she has been performing well, one mistake, however big, might have been because of the circumstances. Give that person a chance to explain.Mostly it will turn out to be nothing.

sdhaliwal: stay thankful for all the lessons shown to you. think only of what you are thankful for and not the opposite, you'll feel much better. Thank you for sharing what you are thankful for.

1. sdhaliwal profile image61
        sdhaliwalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is actually wonderful...thanks for adding such a beautiful thread

Thank you very much !!! You are very welcome!!!

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

I am thankful for my health.
    My dog has sarcoma, cancer of the bone. My nephew has a cancerous tumor the size of a tennis ball attached to his liver. My friend's cat had to be put to sleep because she was brutally attacked by a neighbor's dog. Lenny, a dive coach where I work, became paralyzed after landing wrong on the trampoline. (All these situations occurred in the last two weeks!)

So, I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for God who made us. I am thankful for his life force within us all. We are spirit. Nothing can really harm us.  Only our attachment to the world. Thankfully, we all go home to the realm of spirit eventually.  I want Lenny, the dive coach, to know this.

And I want to say this to all: Be careful... Be proactive... Protect your head and neck.
    Be thankful for the soundness of your body. Drive safely and don't rear-end anyone.  Wear white while riding or walking at night. (A car almost hit me because I was in the middle of the street walking my dogs and I was not wearing white. The driver admitted he was speeding but luckily saw my white dog. He explained this to me so that I would be more careful.)
    Take care.

Wow Kathryn Hill: You are most certainly blessed that you weren't hit.
      Thank  you for sharing all you are thankful for.

17. moneyfairy profile image60

I am so thankful that I am close to packing up all my things to get ready for a major move. I am thankful for all the energy to continue cleaning and packing in all this extreme heat. I look forward to the fall weather. I am thankful for my freedom too. I am thankful for another day.

18. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Speaking of weather... I am SO grateful for the weather we've had in the Nash. area this summer... and now I need to go look and see if I already said that cause I have an embarrassing memory.

Nope, don't think you did and no worries if you had as it is something you are thankful for. So feel free to write whatever you are thankful for even if it's the same thing , that's what this post is for to write what you are thankful for. So thanks!!!

19. moneyfairy profile image60

I am so very thankful for my family today. I had an emotionally stressful day from hell yesterday and am so happy that I had a sounding board in my family and friends. I am so very grateful for all the people in my life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)