jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you still believe in New Year resolutions?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

Do you still believe in New Year resolutions?

Do you still make list or do you think it's just a waste of time?

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

I tend to make New Year resolutions on my birthday, as that is the start of my new year.

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

no, never made them. Lost the confidence of making new year resolutions because I never accomplish any of them

4. jrpierce profile image78
    jrpierceposted 4 years ago

I think giving ourselves the opportunity to start the new year with some goals and positive ideas for ourselves is always a good idea.  Do we stick with them? Well, most of the time no, but it is nice to have that energy and motivation to start the year with every year.

5. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 4 years ago

New Year's resolutions are still a good idea even if some people don't follow through with them.  After all, it is an incentive to try and, with enough practice a person might eventually succeed.  Even partial success is a good thing.

6. profile image0
    Natasha Petersposted 4 years ago

I think New Years resolutions are wonderful to make, but people become rather disenchanted when they make too many/unrealistic ones. "I'm going to become an astronaut and land on Mars!" for example, might be a little far-fetched. The key to a good resolution, I think, is small, achievable goals - and maybe a few big, exciting ones (and of course, small doesn't necessarily mean boring). Achievements have long been shown to immensely improve people's self esteem and happiness.

I actually haven't really made a habit of doing them, but I think I'll start this year. They seem fun to do, if nothing else!