jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you still list out your New Year Resolutions?

1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Do you still list out your New Year Resolutions?

I have done dozens of new year resolutions yearly but never able to accomplish any of them. Gave u this year. I think next year, I won't be making one either. Do you still list out your new year resolutions diligently, yearly even though you couldn't accomplish them?

2. neildabb profile image73
    neildabbposted 4 years ago

If you go to the effort of determining a resolution or goal or dream, (maybe even a bucket list), it makes sense to write it down, so yes I do write them down.

If the resolution isn't immediately reached, next year, instead of writing it down again, below it write down what you can change to make it happen, or make a slightly less ambitious resolution (and write it down) until it does happen.

You're never beat till you quit trying.

3. bumbershoot profile image61
    bumbershootposted 4 years ago

I think a mega list (or bucket list) is much more useful in sticking to goals.  If I want to be healthier, I'll create a better goal than "I'm going to workout more this year".  Like, "I'm going to start a yoga membership and go 12 times each month".  That's a concrete goal you can stick to and there's a clear mark when you've achieved it (or haven't achieved it).  You can't end the year and say "I guess I maybe worked out more." because you know for sure that you either reached your goal or failed.  See: http://bumbershoot.hubpages.com/hub/Set … ears-Goals

4. Toytasting profile image69
    Toytastingposted 4 years ago

There is a huge list of New Year resolutions, I promise myself every year. Though it never gets accomplished yet that hope of achieving it keeps me into this habit.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

Yearly broken January Resolutions can add to the after-holiday blues setting in by the middle of the month. Mardi Gras is too long to wait for festivity, so here are some days for fun in January! read more

6. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

You bet I do!  Even though they rarely get completed, I find it just as accomplishing and satisfying that I have goals and take the time to write them out every year.  smile