jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What favorite Christmas tradition(s) have you continued with your family?

1. profile image74
    ElleBeeposted 4 years ago

What favorite Christmas tradition(s) have you continued with your family?

2. CarolineChicago profile image82
    CarolineChicagoposted 4 years ago

We decorate the tree together as a family and still read "The Night before Christmas" with our kids (now teenagers) on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning, we always have Pillsbury Orange Rolls, sausage, and a fruit salad while we are opening presents. And we follow my husband's family tradition of taking turns opening presents in order of birth (youngest to oldest).

3. msviolets profile image85
    msvioletsposted 4 years ago

Our favorite tradition is to dress up in our warmest pjs and go for a pajama ride to check out the best decorated houses in the area.  I look online for award winning displays, then the kids help map out a route. 
    It really helps get us in the spirit...and takes our minds off "presents"!

4. Relationshipc profile image88
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

Pretty much everything from the food to how we open presents has been the same since I was a kid. We even do it in the same home every year. For instance, eating cabbage rolls before opening presents, opening presents one at a time, playing Christmas music while we open the presents, watching 'A Christmas Story' on TV, and eating the exact same food, cooked exactly the same are all some of our traditions.

working