jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

If it is your birthday today, how do you start your day?

1. greatstuff profile image95
    greatstuffposted 3 years ago

If it is your birthday today, how do you start your day?

2. cperuzzi profile image96
    cperuzziposted 3 years ago

It all depends...

If you're going to be eight, spend it running around waiting for your birthday party.

If you're going to be twenty-two, you spend it doing nothing because this is really the first year you're just racking up the years.

If you're going to be thirty, you're reaching for Advil because last night was the end of your twenties and you'll need something for the hangover.

If you're going to be forty, you'll spend it by first taking stock - depending on what you come up with, you'll need to either celebrate or come up with a life plan.

If you're going to be fifty, you'll be having your mid life crisis and go car shopping.

If you're going to be seventy, you'll spend the morning sleeping late.

If you're going to be ninety, you'll spend the morning asking your wife, "Who are you nice lady?"

That's my take on it.

1. greatstuff profile image95
      greatstuffposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Now, if only we can do like that eight year old!

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 3 years ago

My birthday was last week, and it was just like any other day. The last time I celebrated my birthday, I was 16 -- the one just past was #28. My husband did remember to say "happy birthday," to which my 8-year-old said, "Oh, it's your birthday? I didn't know that." And that's that. Kind of the same way we spend anniversaries, hubby's birthday and most other days. Christmas warrants a day off work and some gift-giving, and the kids do hunt some candy for Easter, but that's it. To be honest, I do miss the days when there were celebrations -- I don't care if it's a little silly to celebrate staying alive one more year, it's something to look forward to. However, I am the sole income-earner in the family, we're at a very low income bracket right now, so taking time off is out of the question. Going out for dinner is out of the question. Most certainly, hiring a babysitter is out of the question.

All that said...I do take a moment every morning just to be thankful that I'm still breathing, and still able-bodied, and still sound of mind (relatively tongue ), and my husband and kids are alive and healthy. Celebrations are nice, but being able to take that moment every day is worth more than all of them.

working