jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Will it be Christmas this year, or Christmiss? A holy time, or shout and swear

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

Will it be Christmas this year, or Christmiss?   A holy time, or shout and swear at the TV time?

2. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

It will be what you want it to be. We are all accountable. Does Christmas mean a commercial exercise, a time to be with loved ones? Does it signify a spiritual endeavour? If the last is correct, then I assure you that for some it happens every day. But yes, they may also feel a need to celebrate this event in a coming together on a special day as well. This too, has its meaning.

All depends on what you want, not on what others want. What does it mean to you? If you are spiritual, what do you think that the Father will ask you about when you enter the realm of the Soul? Your Friends? The spirit or paganism about an event? Or how  have you lived for Him?

Happy Christmas!!

Perspycaciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps there is no better reply, but I will wait to see what others contribute as affirmation or dissent.  I pray there are no dissents.

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, P.

Our group met yesterday for 9 hours for our Christmas Party. We sang devotional songs to include Christ. Meditated, laughed in childlike ways, had skits,funny plays,childlike games and food. Spirituality, nutrition and humour. Much Love.

3. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

Maybe my answer would be different if I had cable and TV shows and games and news. Christmas eve service and a Christmas day service. Quiet reflective time with family and some sharing of food together. I will write a sermon and share it with family and friends. I will make some effort at cooking a turkey meal with all the trimmings -- but we will have some reserve just in case. Oh yea, Christmas hymns played and sung and much explaining to my four year old about baby Jesus. I do have mistletoe to hang up also.
    I really do not know if that is Holy time. I kind of hope it is. But I do know that I will not be shouting at the TV unless someone turns it on ;-)

Perspycaciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thorough approval from my side of the fence.

working