jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the funniest White Elephant gift you've ever gotten (or given) at one of

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

What's the funniest White Elephant gift you've ever gotten (or given) at one of those exchanges?

You know the kind of "White Elephant" we're talking about - the one that's so bad it's good.  C'mon & share your best memories with us!

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I once received a stool collector.  It was clean, but I was not excited to receive it.  I also got a homemade CD of some nobodies singing and flute playing...fun times.

3. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

The very first time I participated in a White Elephant exchange, I took it literally and gave a dull political book that someone had given my husband the previous Christmas. He had never opened it, so it essentially was a brand-new book. I noticed that all the gifts that were being opened were ordinary gift items like wallets, flashlights, inexpensive jewelry, etc. When my gift was opened, someone exclaimed, "that really is a white elephant," and the poor recipient was stuck with it. I was embarrassed. I will have to say that I don't like White Elephant exchanges, and I don't participate in them unless I have to. I didn't participate in our office exchange this year because it was voluntary and everyone had to sign up for it.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

I made a similar mistake my first year, Miz BJ - I am embarrassed now, looking back, but I honestly thought we were supposed to bring useless things (lord knows I have plenty of them!).  Some of those exchanges are fun - and I still have one 'gift' I traded for!

working