jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you lost your job two weeks before, would you still celebrate your birthday?

1. Qmarpat profile image71
    Qmarpatposted 2 years ago

If you lost your job two weeks before, would you still celebrate your birthday?

If you were in a rut, and didn't have a job or much money would you still celebrate your birthday? How?

2. LadyGlenora profile image69
    LadyGlenoraposted 2 years ago

Probably, I mean I don't really celebrate my birthday.  But it would be a nice dinner with friends.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Absolutely. It is a day of celebration and thanks giving in my view. Generally I have celebrated my birthday most of my life with a time of quiet, reflection, and thanksgiving. Of course the day is as most any day while there will be some who wish best wishes, offer blessings, and a moment of recognition. Yet, for me it is a moment of realizing my parents had a dream and I am the fulfillment of that dream. I ponder . . .

4. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Yes, I would because it would still be a special day and my kids would make me surpirises and it would cheer me up

5. Holly Jenkins profile image61
    Holly Jenkinsposted 2 years ago

I think that depends on your financial situation. It would be foolish to spend an exorbitant amount of money for your birthday if you can barely afford to live, but this goes with or without a job. Birthdays come around every year, you will get a chance to celebrate again. Don't put yourself in debt.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

if i don't have a job but someone is willing to give me a treat for my birthday, why not? as long as I am not forking out any money

7. Qmarpat profile image71
    Qmarpatposted 2 years ago

Good answers! I would invite friends and family and cook. We could have a potluck, somebody could bring a bottle of wine. I think, I'd just be creative, since I didn't have a lot of money.

8. Nicole Grizzle profile image90
    Nicole Grizzleposted 2 years ago

I've always tried to take the day off on my birthday. So my birthday celebrations wouldn't change much. It just won't be as "extravagant" because of the job loss.