jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you travel on holiday weekends, or stay home to avoid traffic?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

Do you travel on holiday weekends, or stay home to avoid traffic?

What do you do on holiday weekends?  Are you afraid to get out on the highway?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Well Marcy.....I am a full blown HOME-Body, but even if I have activities on Holidays with family & friends, I haven't far to travel.  Further, in my little corner of the world, "traffic" as most people know it, is not an issue here.
    Believe it or not, I have taken note a time or two when going from my home to my son's house 12 miles away, depending of course on the time of day, I "might" encounter 50 other vehicles, maximum!

However, traveling out side of the area usually means driving I-90 (Thruway) and I am not fond of the busyness, craziness and MPH on a major thoroughfare!!  Cars driving so fast, speeding by, weaving in & out of traffic.....it all causes me anxiety.  So, yes, I suppose that says I'm afraid to "get out on the highway!"  LOL

Of course it's always busier during Holidays, so honestly....I like to plan to stay home and invite a few people over. 

By the way....You have a wonderful Memorial Day week-end, Marcy!

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Hello Marcy and what an interesting question. It varies. 'Today' I tend mostly to stay close to home except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Being single I travel to family with those holidays. The others I stay close to home especially those holidays where drinking is much more prevalent.

4. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

It depends, here in England, the roads are busy during weekends and even weekdays but sometimes if I travel early on the weekends, there is less traffic on the road. I sometimes travel on holiday weekends and sometimes I don't but if I travel I will make sure, I take the early bus. I am working this Bank holiday Monday but if I was off, I will stay home and do some gardening as the weather in England is turning out to be nice and summery.

5. rumanasaiyed profile image79
    rumanasaiyedposted 2 years ago

Me and my husband just can't sit at home on weekends. Though traffic is an issue here in U.A.E., we somehow manage to travel.

In some worst cases if we can't take our car, we just go walking to the nearby places and enjoy our weekend.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i hate to join in the crowd on weekends, regardless of trip, grocery shopping or tour. I would rather go on holiday when everyone is working and studying. Less traffic, better promotion

working