jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is a Unique waybto give a HS Graduate money for a gift?

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 22 months ago

What is a Unique waybto give a HS Graduate money for a gift?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12387712_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 22 months ago

Start a savings account for him/her.  Go to a credit union and open up one of their starter savings.  Put a small amount in and encourage others who want to give, to just deposit in the account.  That is a gift that can really help.

chuckandus6posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Love that Idea,thank you for sharing.

3. Johnny James A profile image76
    Johnny James Aposted 22 months ago

This idea may have been around for a while and I just did not know it. However, recently the daughter of my friend was getting married and sent us an invite.  Normally, the couple sends you notices of where they are registered.  However, the kids are doing well and did not want a bunch of items cluttering up their home.  However, they wanted some item which was costly and so they set up some sort of electronic account where you could put money in toward the purchase of the item. I actually liked this idea as it reminded me of some journals I found in my grandfather's home when he passed away.  In it he described an old traditional where when a married couple bought their first home (or got a loan to buy their first home) they would invite all their friends to a house warming party and everyone was supposed to leave an envelope with some cash in it. I guess it was a traditions from their old country to help a couple on their way in life. Today in American maybe this would seem out of touch, but it sounded sweet the way my grandfather described it in his journal  So many people came throughout the day and people laughed, played music, sang songs, "got drunk" :-)

Love this idea and family history behind it,thank u for sharing .

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

Give them a copy of Debt-Free U.
    Give them copies of Dave Ramsey's books on financial planning and budgeting.
    Write a check to the educational institution they will attend.

Thats an interesting idea thank u tamara

working