jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Halloween means "Hallowed Eve" so why do ghosts and goblins come out the evening

1. The0NatureBoy profile image44
    The0NatureBoyposted 5 months ago

Halloween means "Hallowed Eve" so why do ghosts and goblins come out the evening of "All Saints Day?

Halloween is also All Saints Eve, September First is All Saints Day, so why do ghost and goblins come out the night or "evening to All Saints Eve" before The Morning of "The Saint of All Saints" appear(s or ed) - meaning "the embodiment of all saints in one body that are supposed to return in a future date of their ascensions"?

After a few days of answers I will give you what I have been directed is the reason.

2. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 5 months ago

Get your months straight.

The0NatureBoyposted 5 months agoin reply to this

What about the days, isn't halloween October 31, isn't September 1 all saints day, so what, if anything, is missing?

2. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 5 months agoin reply to this

My calendar says Nov. 1st comes after Oct. 31st. Not Sept. 1st.

3. Glenis Rix profile image98
    Glenis Rixposted 5 months ago

I recently published a hub where hopefully you will find the answer.

Thanks Glen, I'v read All Saints Day was November 1 but have never known it was a Catholic invention for getting the dead out of purgatory. Yet, all things have purpose so there is still a spiritual purpose for it, I have been informed.

4. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 months ago

This article from has the historical information behind these holidays and how they have evolved and changed over the centuries. Google is your friend.

http://www.history.com/topics/halloween … -halloween

Thanks nochance, I have not researched it since 1970s or 80s before internet. It is still mainly saying what I knew without some of the finer details. Thing man do have a spiritual counterpart (Romans 1:20) is what I'm actually seeking from others.

Closed to reply

working