- Holidays and Celebrations
How to Create a Bewitching Buffet | Halloween Food Ideas
Fill Your Party Buffet with Halloween Food Ideas
Your Halloween party deserves Halloween food ideas that will delight, gross out and complete the party in a way that only themed food can!
We have a love affair with beautifully and aptly displayed food on buffets. Here, we'll take a look at food ideas and recipes as well as different ways to serve them on your Halloween buffet.
Are you ready for some Halloween?
Cold Halloween Food Ideas
for your Spooktacular Party
Some cold food ideas for your Halloween shindig could include vegetables and fruits with dipping sauce or assorted cheeses (chunked or sliced). For a spooktacular party, consider displaying them in a different manner than the old, standard round platter. You could:
- Use a themed basket or Halloween container for displaying your veggies and/or fruit
- Use a large pumpkin as your container and a smaller one for dip
- Make a Graveyard replica from fruits and veggies -- fruits and veggies can be cut and shaped to create elements from a spooky graveyard
- Add some guacamole dip to get the weird, green color into your design
Coffin -- Keep Your Cold Foods Cold in Halloween Style - Serving Halloween Food Ideas
This coffin style inflatable buffet is perfect for keeping your drinks, dips, salads, vegetables and more at the proper serving temperature. I hate warm, limp carrots, broccoli and the like. They will stay crisp and fresh with ice below the serving dish.
Anything that has mayonnaise or dairy ingredients often need to be kept cold too. This affordable option is the best of both worlds -- Halloween style and keeping your food safe!
You can always use it for your liquid libations too!
Cauldron Cooler - Serving Halloween Food Ideas
For your drinks, you could also try this inflatable cauldron for keeping your drinks cool and refreshing during the party. Or, use it as an ice bucket. You always go through tons of ice at a party!
This cauldron will hold up to 48 - 12 oz cans.
Buffet To Do List:
* Choose my theme
* Settle on the menu
* Choose serving dishes/containers that reflect my theme
* Arrange the Buffet Table
* Add decor to reinforce the theme
Give your Halloween Food Creepy Names - and help identify what it is for your guests
Using place cards on your buffet will help add to the décor of your party. It also lets the guests know what's included in your spread. If you use recipes that call for food coloring, guests can become a bit reluctant to partake since it doesn't look "normal". I suggest using your creepy name in a larger font and then below it, tell them the traditional name.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Punch, Wine or Specialty Drink:
Mauled Moat Juice
- Assorted Appetizers:
Mystery Meaty Balls = meatballs, sausage balls, etc...
Crude CruditÃ©s = Raw Veggies
Severed Fingers with Blood Sauce = Bread sticks with Marinara
Bedeviled Eyeballs = Deviled Eggs
Spider's Eggs - Hard Boiled Eggs
Guacamoldy Dip = Guacamole Dip
Bat Wings = Chicken Wings
Petrified Cheese Chunks or Log = Cheese chunks or ball
Owl Eyes = Cheese Puffs
Vampire Vertigo = Pinwheels
Black Cat Cookies = any type of chocolate cookie
Boston Scream Pie = Boston cream pie
Poison Apples Caramel Apples
Boogers on a Stick = (green) Chocolate dipped pretzel rods
Get creative with your names for desserts!
Spider Web Bowl - Serving your Halloween Foods in Style
This spider web style bowl will hold your Halloween goodies in style at your next party. You find a lot of uses for it! Fill it with candy, chips or place it on your entry table to add to the Halloween cheer.
Halloween Food Ideas - Recipes
- Halloween Party Appetizers from Better Homes and Gardens
Bite into these creative and savory Halloween appetizer ideas, from mummy-wrapped finger food to monstrous cheese balls, for your next frightful bash.
- Creepy Halloween Desserts : Holidays and Parties : Food Network
Make ghostly treats, eerie eyeballs and more devilishly delicious desserts for Halloween.
- Halloween Recipes - Halloween Food - Recipes for Halloween - Kaboose.com
These ghoulish Halloween recipes will get your goblins and ghosts in the Halloween spirit. Decorate your table with a spider web tablecloth and create a macaroni skeleton to get into the Halloween festivities.
- Halloween Recipes By Kraft Foods - Make Halloween Food, Treats, Snacks & Party Food Ideas
Discover easy and delicious Halloween recipes including favorite party foods, Halloween treats and snacks. Keep those ghosts and ghouls happy with these tasty Halloween food ideas from Kraft Foods.
Spooky Paper Products for Your Halloween Buffet - More Buffet Essentials
Gotta have some party picks! Perfect for cheese chunks, olives, cocktail wieners, and so much more. Plus, they just add to the festivities.
The retro paper straws always make a drink happy!
Cocktail napkins work great for appetizers and/or drinks. Just the right size for a cocktail party.
More cocktail napkin styles to choose from!
It's all in the presentation...
Make Your Food Presentation Memorable! - Large and Small Props can make a big difference!
Not only can the foods themselves be Halloween themed, the buffet table is the perfect opportunity to add some more Halloween-ish touches.
Below are a few ideas to keep in mind as you decide how you will decorate your Halloween buffet table. Run with them and make your food table the talk of the party!
- Vary the heights of your dishes. If you are using flat platters for the food, use risers to go vertical with the heights. You can use almost anything to raise platters -- upside down glass and boxes wrapped in fabric or appropriate wrapping paper can be set on top of your table linens. Large cans of food, upside down bowls, unwrapped boxes can also be used as risers. Place them on top of your table linen and then drape them in fabric that matches your theme. Add some cobwebs for fun!
- Use unusual containers for things like wrapped flatware, vegetables and fruits. Think in shapes -- familiar Halloween shapes you can use for displaying your foods and whatnot on the buffet. Baskets, coffin, bat or gravestone shaped boxes.
- On a large scale, make a DIY coffin shaped box that will fit your table. Place your food on risers inside the box. Add a shaped lid and write something on it or decorate it with fake blood, cobwebs or a stake. Prop it so it is partially in the coffin.
- Layer fabrics and colors. This gives depth and texture to your buffet. Use elements like feathers, foam eyeballs, mirrors and candelabras to really bring the creepy, spooky feeling home!
Halloween Food Ideas - for your Halloween Party
- Adult Halloween Party Food - Halloween Party Recipes Adults - Delish.com
If you're looking to host an adults-only Halloween bash this year, try out some of these sweet and savory recipes from Food and Wine, geared toward adventurous, grown-up palates.
- Halloween Recipes - Party Food Ideas & Halloween Treats | Spoonful.com
Add bite to the spooky season with fiendish food ideas & horror-themed Halloween recipes, snacks, cupcakes and treats. Make parties go off with a scream with ideas from Spoonful.com
- Halloween Food and Party Ideas and Great Halloween Recipes
BOO! Looking for some spooky, gross, and tasty Halloween recipes for your Halloween party? We have everything you need to make your Halloween food and decorations stand out.
A Skull Themed Bowl Set adds to the Party! - Halloween Food Ideas for Your Buffet
Touches like this skeleton chip bowl with 2 dip bowls (3 piece set) can add to the eerie feeling of your Halloween party. Use them for dip, a condiment, a sauce, a topping or to hold party picks.
Black (Gothic) Cake Stands - for your Halloween food ideas
This set of three, jeweled cake stand will go wonderfully on your Halloween buffet. They can hold almost anything and give you that vertical height that adds interest to your buffet table.
Don't place on your food on flat platters -- boring! Add some height, some interest and some fun decor that will make your table the center of your Halloween party decor!
Haunted House Silhouettes Centerpiece Set/3
Creepy Candelabras Package of 2
Tall Wire Dome W/ Stand Set/2
Halloween Food Ideas - Halloween Decor
What do you Prefer?
Which Type of Halloween Food Ideas would you prefer for your party?
Vintage Halloween Dessert Table - Have a look!
Lot's of photos!
Halloween Food Ideas -- Halloween Buffets are the Best!
The thing we all like best about Halloween, young and old alike, is that it's fun! Your party will be the talk of the town if you add Halloween-ish elements to your buffet table. It's always the most visited place anyway, take advantage and decorate it up! It's fun and your guests will talk about it until next year's party!