- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Valentine Cookie Balls
Delicious Strawberry Cookies for Valentines
I love making cookie balls. They are easy to make and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I made a lot of them over the Christmas holidays all decorated for the season. When I was looking for an idea for Valentines day I decided that these delicious cookie balls could be easily adapted for any holiday. Using strawberry cream cheese and red or pink sprinkles makes them a festive Valentines treat!
For a variation you could also use a touch of red food coloring in the coating.
Enjoy! Happy Valentines Day!
photos by mbgphoto
I made lots of chocolate cookie balls for Christmas and I was looking for a new variation to work for Valentines Day. I think strawberry cookie balls are the perfect solution. I can see them served on a tray with a few chocolate covered strawberries mixed together. Mmmmm...a great Valentine treat!
- Prep time: 20 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 24
- 1 8 ounce package strawberry cream cheese
- 2 1/3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- white almond bark
- pink or red sprinkles
- Step 1- Mix the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 1 inch balls and place them on a wax paper or parchment covered baking sheet. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Step 2- Melt almond bark. (I did mine in the microwave starting with 60 seconds and then stirring. I added additional time as needed in 30 second increments.)
- Step 3- Dip balls in almond bark mixture and then return to baking sheet. (See instructions under the tip of using a plastic fork to see how I did this)
- Step 4- Sprinkle topping of your choice on each cookie
- Step 5- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm
Strawberry Cookie Balls
great for Valentines Day
If you would like a recipe card handy for these delicious cookies, here is one I made on Zazzle.
Supplies for Cookie Balls
I am always interested in what products other people use to make a dish. Here are some of my favorite utensils and ingredients for cookie balls.
I love this cookie scoop. It makes just the right size of uniform balls for your cookies.
I use this non-stick baking mat all the time. It makes clean up so easy and the cookies come out just right.
Serving in Style - valentine plates
I really enjoy using special dishes for holidays. These little individual serving dishes are just perfect for serving you valentine cookie balls. They can be used a the table to bring each person their own dessert. Or if you prefer a buffet style setting you might want to use these little plates for decoration at the table with 3-4 cookie balls on each one. Whichever way you decide, they are sure to make your holiday meal more festive!
I love these individual serving dishes.
Do you have a favorite Valentine Treat?
Valentines is the day for flowers and candies. Do you have a favorite treat for the day? If you could limit yourself to just one of the following what would it be.