- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Create a Valentine Tree with Heart Ornaments ♥ to Surprise Your Valentine
Valentine's Day Tree
Decorate a Tree for Valentine's Day with Hearts ♥
This year consider doing something different for your Valentine and decorate a Valentine tree.
You can also cover a tree with hearts and heart-shaped ornaments or heart cookies as a way of spread love and doing something that may brighten up someone else's day.
You can make Valentine's Day even more special by making heart ornaments, heart cookies and decorating a Valentine Tree for someone special you care about. You might want to share the "Valentine Spirit" by creating a heart filled tree.
Whether for the special someone in your life, for someone you want to be even more special, for your family, for your classroom (or your children's or grandchildren's classroom), for a group of people who may need a some extra love, or as a random act of valentine spirit you will to discover more ways to decorate a Valentine tree with Valentine ornaments.
Be sure to check out the Valentine's Day Mission Video about decorating the Valentin Tree as a way to make someone's day better. I ♥ this idea.
This has all of the makings of a new heart-felt Valentine tradition.
Image of Valentins Tree by rknds
Spread the Love
Make Your Own Valentine Tree
Making your own Valentine Tree is pretty simple as seen in the image below. You need a tree and a bunch of heart-shapes to hang on the tree as ornaments.
- Tree - You might use an existing tree, a tree decoration, a small artificial tree, a tree branch or a jewelry tree.
- Ornaments - You can make them from paper, from poster board, from cardboard, from fabric, from yarn or even from cookies.
As pointed out by SereneSea, this is an eco-friendly idea, because you are using existing live trees or a tree decoration.
Read on to find more ways of making a Valentine Tree and then customize it for your own Valentine celebration.
A Valentine Tree
Valentine's Day Tree by Johntex used under Creative Commons License.
Who Might Enjoy a Valentine Tree?
There are many different people that would enjoy a Valentine Tree. You can make one for romance, to celebrate the season or as a way of spreading Valentine Spirit. Watch the video by Doogoood to see how you can create a Valentine Tree as a Random Act of Love.
Think about how romantic finding a Valentine Tree outdoors while walking might be for your sweetheart. The kids might find it fun to stumble across a Valentine Tree filled with heart-shaped cookies (hopefully the birds wouldn't get to them before the kids do).
Here are just some of the people who might benefit, you may even think of others.
- A Sweetheart - Indoors
- A Sweetheart - Outdoors
- Your Family
- A Classroom
- Hospitalized Patients
- A Random Act of Valentine Spirit
Valentine's Mission: Decorate a Tree with Hearts - Video
Doogooodvids describes their 2010 Mission - to decorate a tree with 50 heart ornaments.
- The idea was to help others to do good by letting them take our hearts and give them to beloved people. So we made 50 wooden hearts, painted them in red and decorated a public tree. It has been a lot of fun!
- People totally liked it and were watching us while decorating the tree Everybody who drove by was smiling. We invited people to take down a heart, write a nice note on it and give it to somebody. The tree looked great, all hearts were taken one hour later and hopefully made somebody's day a good day.
DooGoood Valentine's Mission
Hang a Valentine Ornament
Share a Random Act of Valentine Spirit
Debate the Idea of a Valentine's Tree
What do you think about the Valentine's Tree?
If you want to create a Valentine's Day tree indoors as a decoration there are many different types of trees or even tree branches that can be used as the base for a Valentine Tree.
More Ideas for Making a Valentine Tree
- How to Decorate a Valentine Tree | eHow.com
How to Decorate a Valentine Tree. You can create a Valentine tree inside or outside with a variety of materials.
- Valentine's Day Tree
It was in my quest to find some ideas for Valentine's Day, that I found pictures and instructions for a Valentine Tree. The concept is so simple, yet very stunning. It is a perfect project for a grey day.
- Decorating a Valentine's Tree
Just like your Christmas tree, decorating a Valentine Tree can be great fun and a new tradition for every Valentine's Day. There's no end to possibilities and ideas.
- Cupid's Tree Scavenger Hunt
Set up a Valentine's tree centerpiece on the dining room table.
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids - Valentine Tree Craft
Free printable templates for a tree craft for preschool, kindergarten and gradeschool kids.
- Valentines Day Tree
I love cutting and making snowflakes and my little girl loves pink hearts! Julia of Roots of Simplicity sent me this wonderful activity which combines both of our loves. This activity is perfect for you to do with your preschooler.
- How to Decorate a Holiday Tree for Valentine's Day | eHow.com
How to Decorate a Holiday Tree for Valentine's Day. Holiday trees are normally seen during what is known as “the most wonderful time of the year.” Don't let stereotypes stop you from decorating a tree all year round.
- Jenny's Projects- Valentines Tree
A Valentine Tree Decoration.
- Dodies Valentine Tree
Another example of a Valentine Tree.
A Decorated Valentine Tree
Give a Tree for Valentine's Day
Trees Instead will let you Go Green On Valentine's by giving the gift of a Valentine Tree.
- Eco Friendly Valentines gift - Give a tree for Valentines, plant a tree
Give a tree for valentine's day, this eco friendly valentine's day gift is original and unique Valentine gift. Valentine's Gift for green oriented people. Give a valentine's tree, the green valentine gift.
Valentine Ornaments on a Tree Branch
Make Wooden Heart Ornaments - Video
Shari Hiller of mattandshari.com creates a wonderful Valentine Craft, these heart shape ornaments are a wonderful way to say I Love You to everyone in the family, and they are a simple do it yourself craft.
Heart Shaped Ornaments - Video Tutorial
How to Make a Wooden Heart Ornament
With some paint and cut wooden hearts you can easily make heart ornaments that look very nice. Many craft stores including Amazon carry pre-cut heart shaped ornaments.
Take a look at the videos from Doogooodvids and Shari Miller above to get more ideas for making your own Wooden Heart Ornaments.
You can use spray paint like the Doogoooders did or more carefully hand paint them like Shari Miller does and turn them into a garland instead of a tree.
If you want you can write a note like the Doogoooders did:
- This is a Valentine Tree.
- Please feel free to take a heart, write a nice note on it and give it to somebody.
- Spread Love. Do Good.
Painting hearts is a great craft idea for children, adults and even older adults.
Make "Heart on a String" Ornaments - Video
Stampington & Company's Shoppe Manager, Vanessa Spencer & Sarah Meehan demonstrates two different techniques in detail from start to finish in this video, making it easy to recreate these ornaments at home.
Heart on a String Ornament - Video Tutorial
Make Stamped Heart Ornaments
Stampington & Company's Shoppe Manager, Vanessa Spencer and Sarah Meehan do a good job demonstrating how one can easily make a stamped heart ornament using the Claudine Hellmuth Products.
- With some paint, a few stamps, some embellishments and cutout paper or cardboard hearts you can easily make your own versions of stamped heart ornaments.
- Start with a hear cut from paper or cardboard.
- Decide if you want to paint it.
- Stamp or embellish your heart. For embellishing you might add paint, colored paper, glitter, ribbons, pieces of lace or other special mementos.
- When you are done making your heart, punch a hole and add a ribbon or wire to hang your heart ornament.
Make Knitted or Crochet Heart Ornaments
With enough lead time, you can knit or crochet heart ornaments for your Valentine's Tree.
The Free Heart Pattern for the Amigurumi ornament comes from Mochimochi Land. It is only one of several heart patterns on the Crochet or Knit a Heart for Your Favorite Valentine lens that could be easily used to make Valentine ornaments.
Knitting or crocheting heart-shaped ornaments would be a great project to use in a classroom or any group (like 4-H) where the children are learning how to knit or crochet.
Heart Image from Breibeest's For My Valentine.
Share the Love
Valentine in a Tree
Bake Some Heart Sugar Cookies
Make Heart Shaped Cookies for Ornaments
One of the easiest, and some would argue tastiest ways of making heart ornaments is to make them from heart-shaped cookies. All you need is cookie cutters and a heart shaped cookie cutter.
My two favorite recipes for making heart cookies are either a traditional sugar cookie or the more substantial gingerbread. These lenses on making heart shaped cookies will give you recipes and more ideas for making heart cookies.
Remember if you want to hang the cookie ornaments to cut a hole at the top (could use a straw) so there is a hole when the cookie is done baking. Add a ribbon or wire and you can start hanging your edible heart ornaments.
Note: If you want people to be able to eat the cookies, you may want to put them up pretty close to Valentine's Day and be careful about hanging them outside.
Heart Cookie Cutters
Give Some Heart Shaped Cookies
Baking Hearts into Cookie Trees
Make a Heart Cookie Tree
With a bit of creativity you can turn heart-shaped cookies into a heart cookie tree, making it a perfect homemade Valentine's Day gift.
To make a Heart Cookie Tree, start with an assortment of graduated heart cookies. The graduated cookies shapes used are usually in stars or snowflakes.
You can assemble a Heart Cookie tree in two ways:
- 1. Start by arranging three hearts together with the points in the center so they make a 'star.' Then keep adding layers or heart shaped cookies three at a time in smaller and smaller sizes.
- 2. Start with a single large heart at the base. When adding more hearts make sure that you rotate the point of the cookie around 30 - 45 degrees when you place the next cookie down on the tree. You might also want to use almonds or small cookies as spacers between the layers of the tree.
Valentine Day Tree Nail Tutorials - Video
Two different video tutorials showing how to create a Valentine Tree on nails, a fun way to make a Valentine's Day Tree.
Valentine Day Nails - Heart on a Tree
Tree of Love Heart - Nail Tutorial
Do you think you might decorate a Valentine's Day Tree?