A Real Cup of Cake - Cake for one/two
A cupcake served in a cup or dumped out on a plate.
Looking for a piece of Cake?
© Shyron Shenko 1/1/2014
I was looking for something sweet,
Cake or pie, as the evening meal we prepared to eat.
Both the cupboard and pantry were bare
Not one single crumb could be found in there.
Hubby said, as his sweet teeth were beginning to gnash
"Where do we keep the goodie stash?"
I told him the cupboard and the pantry is bare
There are no goodies in there
Then suddenly I thought of a recipe from long ago
But where I hid it I do not know
I could make Blond Logic's Brigedeiros
But that would be to slow
Then I thought of the cupcake
And I could whip it up right in the cup
I knew that a cupcake would hit the spot
And it could even be eaten it while it is hot.
My 2nd Try on New Years Day
So hastily I whipped it up
Right in my microwaveable coffee cup
And then popped it in the Microwave
As I ran for the camera, to get a picture to save
I pushed 3 minutes and then pushed start
What happened next just broke my heart
I opened the door so I could see
The sight I could not believe.
I had made this so many times before
And it never turned out anything like this
I wonder, just what I missed
It only filled the cup half up.
It was hard as a rock, and dry as a bone
And I questioned how I could hone this stone?
The cutting job was really sad
But the Taste wasn't half bad
So...I called my friend Au Fait,
To see what she had to say
You had it in your microwave to long
Or the wattage was to high, that is what you did wrong
- 1 Coffee Mug
- 4 Tablespoons Flour (not self rising)
- 4 Tablespoons baking Cocoa, I use Carob Powder
- 4 Tablespoons sugar, I use Stevia power 3 packs
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons Oil, I use Coconut oil
- A small splash Vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips, Optional
Important Mixing instructions
- Mix dry ingredients in the mug, mix well. Add the egg and mix thouroughly, when well mixed. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the Chocolate chips and splash of vanilla and mix again. Put you mug in the Microwave and cook 3 minutes for a 1000 watt unit.
- Do not be alarmed! You cake will rise over the top of the mug, and look somewhat like a mushroom.
- Allow to cool a little, and you can turn it out onto a plate and cut in half to share if you so desire. Or you can eat it right from the cup.
I am on my way, to give it another try
Please let me know if you have another idea
About why it was to hard or to dry
And you don't agree with Au fait.
© 2014 Shyron E Shenko