Best Books on Meditation
How to Select the Best Meditation Books
Whenever we think about meditation, our mind is carried right away into recalling sweet memories of our best vacation on a hill station. For some people, meditation is a serious concern and they look for complete reading material about it. Some people prefer to have books to get all the information they need about meditation while others prefer searching it over the Internet and look for some good articles on meditation.
You can find ample resource on meditation and related topics on Internet but it is hard to extract every bit of information about the meditation technique you want to learn. Books on the other hand come with a price but if you are serious about meditation, nothing else in this world can explain meditation better than a book.
Tips Before Buying Meditation Books
Before buying meditation books, there are few things to keep in mind. The book you buy will be your personal guide teaching you to learn to meditate. Therefore, it is important to choose a book which contains everything you need. Consider the following points before buying a meditation book:
- Type of Meditation: If you have decided on the best meditation for yourself, you must also learn about the basic information and history underlying the meditation you have chosen. Basic information includes history of meditation, where and when was it originated etc. A good foundation supports the strongest of buildings. Similarly, knowing the meditation from its roots can be really helpful for you in learning about the meditation.
- Information in the Book: The book should contain complete information about the meditation. Now, that you know about the origin and basic information about the meditation, you must be having a clearer view of the topics you want to cover in the book you're choosing. Different books contain different ways of explicating the various techniques of meditation.
- Readability: Choose a book which is easy to understand and has text of your taste. Do not go after hype but buy the one you can easily understand. Of course, no one wants to refer another book to understand what's written in the middle of your meditation.
- Proceed Step-wise: Meditation cannot be explained in just one paragraph. Most of the books explain meditation in a step-by-step process so that you can slowly and easily grasp your hold over it. Honing skills and developing senses to improve your perception; that is what it means to do meditation which normally cannot be learnt overnight.
- Benefits of Meditation: "Reach for the fruit " Concentrate on the benefits of meditation. It encourages and motivates the soul.
- Learn from Meditation Practitioners: Personal experiences from other meditation practitioners prove really helpful. If you can't get around some of the steps mentioned in the book, you can heed to what other practitioners have to say and how they overcame those steps.
Few Good Books You Can Consider
The Bridges to the Wonder are also bridges towards the flowering of love, bridges to joyous living.
Bridges to the Wonder are bridges towards experiencing and rejoicing consciously the wonder that you are, the miraculous that you are, the miraculous which surrounds you all the time...
They are bridges to the deeper reality, bridges to the truth, bridges to the divine...
The Source of Joy Within by Bhashkar Perinchery contains twelve sets of meaningful reminders, practical methods that can be applied in everyday life situations. It is a gentle, joyful, and easygoing approach to self-growth and awareness. The reminders can be practiced without additional time and will help you attune to the silence and joy within yourself...
This book by Bhashkar Perinchery is a great support for your inner journey towards life, love and laughter. It brings to consciousness the subtle and mysterious process of nature which plays a deeply significant role in our lives in generating a quality of well-being, of harmony and inner clarity...
Meditation Books Never Goes Unused
A book fulfilling the above mentioned things will be helpful for readers to quickly and better understand meditation. If you put in enough efforts, you will surely harvest its benefits. Meditation books provide immaculate assistance if you are really trying to learn the meditation discipline. However, choosing a book which offers complete reference on the type of meditation is equally important. Once you're done with it, you can also pass it on or encourage other people to buy the same.
Join Lifesurfing Meditation on Facebook
- Inner Metamorphosis University-Lifesurfing, Chicago
The Inner Metamorphosis University Chicago is a Meditation Center that offers an inspiring, encouraging and supportive framework for inner inquiry. IMU offers meditation workshops, retreats, yoga classes, + more. Visit www.Lifesurfing.org for info.