Do you know HOW to reach your goals?
Making an Outline of life.
We all have goals, and dreams we'd like to pursue, but do you know how to reach them?
I love to create general and more focused goals that I know I can reach during a certain time period.
For example: I love creating goals on what I would love to earn at the end of each month, so that I do not fall behind on work. This helps me or inspires me to work hard, and take my job as a freelancer much more seriously.
Creating goals, and thinking about what I would love to accomplish each and every month is very easy, but it took me a while to learn how to achieve every goal that I gave myself, even if it was for a week.
How do we help ourselves reach every goal that we set for each other?
Being able to set goals for ourselves is just a small part in being able to reach our bigger goals in life. In reality, the majority of people that set small goals for themselves do not achieve them because they are just so focused on being able to achieve their bigger goals.
So, whats wrong with this picture?
if we want to reach ANY goal in life, we have to be able to set boundaries for ourselves, and reach the smaller goals every day. This can be a great way to start learnings how to achieve the bigger goals later on.
What you need to know.
Making goals is easy. You simply need to have in mind what you want to achieve, (hopefully) write it down, and work towards what you want. This so far is one of the easiest things that you can do, the hardest part of setting goals, is WORKING towards what you want.
So, here's what you do:
- Write down what you want to achieve during the week/ month/ year.
- If you have a long-term goal (say, longer than a month) make sure you SET a date that you think you'll be planning on achieving this goal.
- Once you have set a goal and a date, make a list of everything that you think you need to get done that will help you achieve your main goal.
- Now that you have created a list of what you need to get done, make sure you pay attention to everything that you have writen down, and try one thing done each week, so that you can reach your ultimate goal at the very end.
One of the more popular goals that many people set for each other is being able to get out of the X amount of debt, they've accumulated over the years. However, this can be hard to achieve when individuals do not even know HOW they are spending their money, and how many bills they have to pay..
If you main goal is to get out of debt, then your best bet is to make a list of your main goal, create a REALISTIC monthly budget, and start looking at the bigger picture!
Even more hubs for readers!
- How do you find work as a freelancer?
One of the most asked questions that every beginner freelance writer will ask almost as much as:
- Simple techniques to increase your writing productiv...
What techniques help you increase your writing productivity? When working from home, we often get bombarded by distractions, things that we need to do around the house, and other responsibilities. This is why these techniques are easy to follow, and
There is so much more to setting goals than meets the eye.
After having a knack for failing to meet all of the goals I set for myself in a period of ONE year, I actually decided to quit setting "Unrealistic" goals for myself. The goals themselves were anything but Unrealistic, as my parents pointed out, anyone could meet those goals as long as they knew what they were doing!
I realized, that there was just so much more to setting goals and being able to keep them in the long run. The reason why goals are just so popular to set, but extremely hard to keep, is not because the goals may be unrealistic, but because people may not realize the HARD work that goes into achieving them!
During the first year of my freelancing career, I created over 10 goals a week for myself, and surprise, surprise.. I achieved none!
It wasn't until I took the time to really pay attention to what I was doing, and realized that it wasn't the goal that was the problem, it was HOW I was working towards my goal that created the problem for me. After I wrote down just what I wanted to achieve, I sat down and I thought about the things that would HELP me achieve my goals, and push me to accomplish even more!
What helped me out the most..
- Setting goals means nothing if there is no meaning behind the goal. Make sure you put some meaning behind your goal, to make sure you know that you are working towards something WORTHWHILE! The majority of the time, individuals make goals simply because they want to look forward to something, however, they often give up because they either realize that their goals are just not good enough, or not IMPORTANT enough for them.
- Tell someone about what you want to achieve, and get some support. It is not uncommon for individuals to want the support of their family members or friends when they are on the road to achieving a goal. In fact, this can help them in the long run because the person can have moral support when they think about giving up!
- Be sure to take some time off from all of your hard work. I'm not saying completely forget about what you working towards. If anything take some time off from working hard on something, and enjoy some of the rewards from everything that you are doing!
- keep a journal of your work, and make sure you read it once in a while. This is something I do, and it works wonders for me. Since I am constantly making goals for myself, and making sure I "outdo" myself every month, keeping a journal of what I do every week, helps me see just how far I've come, and how much work there is left for me to do. This has also helped me expand my freelance business.
There is no reason why anyone can not make goals, and achieve every single thing that they've set themselves up for. If anything, once people have achieved their goals, this should give them more of a push to create more goals for themselves in the future!