Gratitude- Journal Challenge, Day 2
My writing prompt for day #2 of the “Write Here, Write Now: A 30 Day Journaling Challenge” is to give thanks, expressing at least five things I am grateful for. Gratitude was bubbling up inside of me from completing the first day of the challenge and I woke up this morning with the song, “Every Day Is a Day of Thanksgiving,” resonating in my heart. I sang along on youtube.com and posted it to my facebook page to bless somebody else.
I Am Grateful For
1. My Church – Apostolic Temple of Jesus Christ has an awesome music ministry that ushers me into a sweet intimacy of high praise and worship with God. The congregation is warm and loving towards me and the Word of God is taught and preached with a high standard and in a straight forward manner. I am challenged to step up higher and live a holy and righteous life in season and out.
2. The Write Here, Write Now: 30 Day Journaling Challenge – This challenge is divinely timed in my season to cultivate and operate in discipline, consistency and structure. I believe God for breakthrough in my writing frequency and finances.
3. My Mom – My mother’s love and support, especially during this time in my faith walk of entrepreneurship, is priceless. She has my back and has afforded me a place of safety and freedom to be and do all that God has purposed and planned for me.
4. My Salvation – My relationship with God is personal, intimate and empowering. I am learning to trust Him on deeper levels as He is reveals and demonstrates His love, direction, protection and provision. He keeps me and my extended family, blood and spiritual. I am because He is and I am getting stronger and better one day at a time.
5. Music and Movement – I am grateful for music, gospel artists and the ability to dance. The music and words feed my soul and lift my spirits. When I sing along and change my posture, I am transported into a place of worship and praise. It is sweet intimacy with my Father, Lord and Savior; my heart overflows with joy in gratitude for a real and tangible connection of oneness with the Source of all there is. I am encouraged within my being on every level, and inspired by the testimony of the artists through song.
NOTE: Day 2 complete. Thank you, God!