How To Improve My Handwriting
The Necessity Of A Good Handwriting
English or any language in the world is used to communicate.It is not enough to speak good language,one must also be able to express oneself in the written form.Creative writing or just plain letter writing,or even to fill up a form at an office requires legibility on your part.If you spell your name wrong,you cannot hold anyone else responsible if your name gets printed wrongly.Spellings aside,if your alphabets are not clear as you write,your name can be misread.A doctor's prescription can be misread by the pharmacist and the patient given the wrong medication with disastrous results.A lawsuit can be misconstrued due to bad handwriting.And a student will most certainly lose marks if he has written every answer in the exam correctly,albeit illegibly.If in the Math exam,he writes a number differently,he can make mistakes in his solutions. If I cannot get my message across because of my bad handwriting,I have only myself to blame.
Anyone Can Improve Their Handwriting
How Can I Improve My Writing
So,how do we improve a handwriting that has been given up on?
- Seat yourself comfortably at a desk with ample lighting overhead.
- Learn to hold a pen or pencil in the proper manner.The links below will help towards that.
- Keep the writing pad at a proper angle.
- Write all the alphabets in capital letters once and small letters once,and then numbes 1-10.
- Compare with a handwriting you admire and see if you can improve the readability.
- Write once again with improved legibillity.
- Next, try write the letters using cursive writing.If you have never done it before,pick up a cursive writing exercise book at the local book store for kindergarten children.Practise writing a couple of letters each day in cursive form.You will enjoy the flow of your pen on paper as your letters become a work of art.
- Every time you need to write,consciously apply what you learnt in making your writing legible.The more practise you get,the faster you will see the improvement.
- Make it fun and interesting rather than dull and dreary.Writing your name a dozen times in different ways everyday boosts your confidence and self esteem as well.Being lefthanded or righthanded is immaterial.I have seen both types writing beautifully.All it takes is the will to learn and keep at it.
- In due course,your handwriting will develop with a unique characteristic all your own.
Towards Legible Handwriting
- handwriting tips
high-quality, low-priced stationery, custom stationery, information about paper, pens, writing, stationery, paper history, paper manufacture, paper storage and use
- How to Improve Your Handwriting: 5 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow
wikiHow article about How to Improve Your Handwriting.
- How to Improve Your Handwriting | eHow.com
How to Improve Your Handwriting. For some people, good penmanship comes naturally. For others, it's a struggle just to make it legible. If you fall into the latter category, there are ways you can go about improving your handwriting....