Publishing on CreateSpace
What is CreateSpace
I wrote a hub about Self Publish Your Own Ebook which you may find very insightful in your self-publishing venture. I recommend you doing your research on each online publishing platform before you make a firm decision, I've written two other hubs explaining my top 3 choices: CreateSpace, Publishing with PubIt!, and Publish with Smashwords.
CreateSpaceis Amazon.com's FREE publishing platform. The good thing about CreateSpace is that it isn't just limited to only eBooks.There are a few good perks about publishing with CreateSpace.
- You can publish your book(s), CD(s), eBook(s), DVD(s), and other artistic media.
- With CreateSpace, when you upload your eBook, you can choose to create an eStore on Amazon for your artistic media that you're publishing.
- When you upload your artistic media to CreateSpace it's available, AUTOMATICALLY, on Amazon.com for purchase.
- CreateSpace provides free tools to help you publish and distribute your artistic media.
- CreateSpace has flexible royalties.
1. You can publish your book(s), CD(s), eBook(s), DVD(s), and other artistic media.
With CreateSpace you can publish your eBooks/books, CD's, and DVD's (click on eBooks/books, CD's, and DVD's to get more information) on Amazon.com, worldwide! When you publish a book with CreateSpace your work is manufactured to meet demand, so your title is always in stock, there are no upfront costs and no need to carry inventory. Underground artists are able to publish their CD's with CreateSpace, and make it accessible to millions, all over the world! Filmmakers that have no means to distribute and publish their movies can also publish their DVD's with CreateSpace. With CreateSpace you can also publish your music into Mp3's and publish your movie/video digitally and have it available on Amazon-On-Demand.
2. With CreateSpace, when you upload your eBook, you can choose to create an eStore on Amazon for your artistic media that you're publishing.
A good feature with publishing with CreateSpace is that you can actually create an Amazon eStore for your published media. Direct people to your Amazon eStore to buy your published media directly from your eStore. You can even have your eStore match your website (if you have one). This is a good way to go because you can have one store for your eBooks, CD's, and DVD's to direct people to and get your published media all in one place instead of having to give out a bunch of links to your published media. Now you see why an eStore is a good asset to have?
Publish with CreateSpace
3. When you upload your artistic media to CreateSpace it's available, AUTOMATICALLY, on Amazon.com for purchase.
How awesome would it be to get your artistic media listed for sale on one of the highest ranking online malls, Amazon.com? You could sell to prospective millions of people just by publishing with CreateSpace! There's almost no better way to advertise yourself online than to be able to say that you have your media sold on one of the most prestigious and well-known sites of the internet! CreateSpace's automatically posting your media to Amazon.com is one of the biggest perks that CreateSpace offers, but as you can tell, it isn't the only perk that comes with publishing with CreateSpace.
How to Create a Book Cover
4. CreateSpace provides free tools to help you publish and distribute your artistic media.
Though CreateSpace is a do-it-yourself publishing platform, they provide free tools that can help you finish your publishing fast with tools like their Cover Creator, Preview, and Image Gallery. You can opt to use their Cover Creator and Image Gallery, or you can create your own book cover. The video on the right shows you just how to do this! You can tell CreateSpace wants you to succeed with their publishing platform with all of their available free tools and their helpful community board. Even if you don't know how to publish, CreateSpace has more than enough information onsite and on their Community Board that can help you publish quickly and as painless as possible.
5. CreateSpace has flexible royalties.
I wont go too much into the CreateSpace royalty agreement, but you can find out more about CreateSpace Royalties when you click the link in this sentence. I will, however, explain what royalties are. Royalties are sums paid to a creator or participant for an artistic work, based on sales of the their work. It's my understanding that CreateSpace actually has rival royalty fees, and they are good if you want the most back from your artistic media.