Kindness Is Contagious
Acts of Kindness
What are acts of kindness? Random acts of kindness are the little ways we show another person that they matter. They are the most powerful tool that we can use to connect with another human being. Random acts of kindness are a way of brightening another person's day by doing something thoughtful. By practicing random acts of kindness you can change someone's life for the better.
Have you ever noticed that when you smile at someone, they smile back? Did you know that almost always that person passes that smile onto someone else? Yes, a smile is contagious.
Acts of Kindness
- Smile at everyone you meet.
- Say please and thank you.
- Pay a tab for the person behind you.
- Let someone know how much you appreciate them.
- Offer to help someone carry their groceries.
- Return a shopping cart.
- Offer to babysit for free.
- Compliment a parent about their child's good behavior.
- Donate your used books and clothing.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Write little notes to people to let them know you appreciate them.
- Give up your seat on a bus, train, subways to a senior citizen.
- Bring in a cup of coffee for a co-worker, just because.
- Give a care package to the homeless.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Do the errands for a shut-in.
- Tell your loved ones that they love you.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Say something nice.
- Listen, especially when others don''t.
Importance of Kindness
Why is kindness important? To put it simply, kindness leads us to a happier life where we can make a difference in anothers life as well as our own. There are many reasons to be kind.
- It makes us feel good.
- It makes someone else feel good.
- It softens your heart.
- It makes people want to be around you.
- It helps make others feel less alone.
- It helps others feel respected.
- It becomes a gift that others pass along.
- It makes the world a better place.
Acts of kindness are important for many reasons. One of the foremost reasons being, kindness is essential to our well-being. They help us interact as caring human beings. They release us from selfishness and self-obsession. They free us from isolation and loneliness. They help us form bonds with others and make friends.
Kindness is accepting others as they are. It's helping others through their problems and everyday life. It's giving of yourself without expecting anything back. It is caring about your fellow man.
What does your kindness say to another person?
Kindness says to another that:
- You want them to be happy
- You genuinely care about others
- You care
- You want the best for others
- You're a nice person
- You are patient
- You are loyal
- You are secure in yourself as a person
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
- The shortest distance between two people is a smile. - Victor Borge
- When words are both true and kind, they can change the world. - Buddha
- I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. - Mother Teresa
- He who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love. - St. Basil
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. - Lao Tzu
- One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness; it usually comes back to you. - Anonymous
- Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. - Kahlil Gibran
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. - Mother Teresa
- No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. - Mark Twain
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
- Genuine kindness is no ordinary act, but a gift of rare beauty. - Sylvia Rossetti
- Acts of Kindness Change Your Life
This article discusses random acts of kindness, the definition of kindness, acts of kindness and there are kindness quotes. The effect on us when we perform acts of kindness are highlighted. Kindness.
- The word "ThanK You" means more than just an appreci...
The word “Thank You” means more than just an appreciation of people’s kindness by franciaonline From the time we learned to talk we were taught to say Thank You. Kids are tested for their intelligence by being asked the question: What...
- An Act of Kindness- A short Story
A short story about compassion and kindness to a homeless man, given by a cafe waitress; her kindness repaid in an unexpected way.
- The Importance of Kindness
Kindness feels good; to give and to receive. It isessential for living a balanced life and it is essential for personal growth.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2013 Susan Hazelton