- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Optimism, What a Feeling
The Many Benefits of Being Optimism
- It gives you peace of mind.
- It promotes laughter.
- It promotes self respect and integrity.
- It promotes forgiveness.
- It creates positive expectations.
- It improves your social life.
- It enables you to handle and put your emotions in check.
- It promotes positive relationships.
- It ensures that you are more focused.
- It enhances effective communication.
- It increases longevity.
- It promotes healthy living.
- Pessimists have higher blood pressure
- Have more illnesses
- Take longer to recover from illness
- Are more likely to become depressed
- Have more incidents of career failure
- Have more relationship problems
- A pessimist is suspicious of others motives
- Become withdrawn more often
- A pessimistic expects to fail
- It is believed by some that they have a shorter life span
- A pessimist tend to see things in black and white terms, there is no middle ground
- Are often not as fun to be around
- Tend to feel they have no purpose in life
- Often feel helpless
- Pessimism is believed to damage your cardiovascular system
- A pessimist tends to exaggerates small mistakes
- Optimism is a skill that everyone can learn.
- Optimism helps solve problems
- Optimists avoid pointless complaining
- Optimism helps set goals
- Optimism helps build confidence
- Optimists believe they are worthy of success
- Optimists are cheerful even when they cannot be happy
- Optimism helps you find ways around obstacles.
- Optimism helps protect against anxiety.
- Optimists accept what cannot be changed
- Optimism helps build clear goals.
- Optimism helps one become orientated towards a bright future.
- Optimism helps one maintain perspective.
- Optimist believe they have control over their future.
Optimism vs Pessimism
- The optimistic have all kinds of plans for the future and see themselves obtaining their dreams while the pessimistic worry about all the things that can go wrong.
- The pessimistic see the optimistic as being out of touch with reality. The optimistic see the pessimistic as being too ready to ready to put the brakes on dreams.
- Many studies over the years have shown that the optimist person out performs the pessimistic person in work, relationships, and most other everyday occurrences.
- The pessimist are also 8 times more likely to become depressed when something does go wrong.
- Optimism and pessimism both are learned behavior.
- There are times when a pessimistic view is beneficial. In business a pessimistic person will look at all of the things that can go wrong and take steps to try to make sure they don't. An optimistic person may think that nothing will go wrong and may be unprepared if something does happen.
- Pessimistic people have a negative outlook on life. Optimistic people have a positive outlook on life.
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~ Gil Stern
When I look in the glass I see that every line in my face means pessimism, but in spite of my face - that is my experience - I remain an optimist. ~ Richard Jeffries
An optimist is the human personification of spring. ~ Susan J. Bissonette
Deep, solemn optimism, it seems to me, should spring from this firm belief in the presence of God in the individual; not a remote, unapproachable governor of the universe, but a God who is very near every one of us, who is present not only in earth, sea and sky, but also in every pure and noble impulse of our hearts. ~ Helen Keller
An optimist is someone who figures that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's the bluebird of happiness. ~ Robert Brault
It's not that optimism solves all of life's problems; it is just that it can sometimes make the difference between coping and collapsing. ~ Lucy MacDonald
There is abundant reason to believe that optimism – big, little, and in between – is useful to a person because positive expectations can be self-fulfilling. ~ Christopher Peterson
- The Power of Optimism
Some people are innately optimistic. They don't have to learn about the power of optimism because they are already framed that way in the first place. Sometimes I really hate these people -- you know the ones I'm talking about -- the Little Mary...
- Optimistic Inspirational Quotes
Wonderful, inpiring quotes to give you focus and insight....
- Optimism and Hope Equals an Optimistic Life
Hope and Optimism can change your outlook on life and let you live to your fullest extent. What does it take?
- How to be an Optimistic Person in a Pessimistic worl...
Staying optimistic and hopeful can turn your life into a bliss.Don't let pessimism get you down.Check out what steps should be adopted to let go of your inner fear and the pessimistic approach.